Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 07:26 AM
jcb36
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol..I know right..anyway I don't have the advanced tranny program. Ron at superchips told me there is nothing they can do. POOR customer service. I will never purchase another tuner from SC.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:27 PM
nyctonyinfl

I am a new member to DF sooo hello out there.

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7 & would like some feedback on SC upgrades?

I am intrested in upgrading my exhuast, CAI, and a SC.

Right now my exhuast is stock with the CATS cut out.. btw it sounds like a POS..

I have extenders on the o2 sensors but still showing CEL will SC clear this?

What i would like from forum members is feedback on some of the best ways to upgrade?

What SC should I use Cotex or 3865?

What is best exhuast setup? Not sure on headers or to go from stock manifold.

Looking for deep sound & HP ...... Magnaflow or Flowmasters any input would help.

BTW if I were to put headers & go for the whole setup headers & mufflers what is the cost? And what is the best setup... Members input?

And last with this MOD what is CAI thats should be used with this setup.

I enjoy reading these forums & would like to thank members for there valuable info.

I hope I get some great setups & Thanks for any Help!

Old 07-09-2012, 07:24 AM
jcb36
Rookie

Superchips has horrible customer service..they basically told me to F off after months of trying to get my issue resolved..they suggested I buy the tranny upgrade to see if that remedied my problem..really!! Why in the hell would I spend an extra forty on sc product when the tuner itself does not work as advertised...stay away from SC..magnoflow for performance ...fm for sound.

Old 07-09-2012, 01:09 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

What is your tuner doing that's not as advertised? There are only so many options.

Flowmaster is nice. I used to have them and I liked them because I never had anything other before. But when I had my exhaust all changed out and went to Magnaflow....... It was grins ear to ear all over again.

Old 07-10-2012, 08:41 AM
jcb36
Rookie

Data logging always locks up when using...I constantly bounce off the rev limiter no matter where I have wot and rev limit set at..so as advertised, I cannot data log or change shift points without problems..I do however like the firmer shifts

Old 07-10-2012, 09:15 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Did they exchange out your tuner for a new? It just might not be the tuner as how I remember it, 06's had tuning issues from the beginning whereas in 07 they were corrected.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:35 AM
jcb36
Rookie

No, they didn't offer an exchange..I was told after months of nothing that there was nothing they could do. I took it as..since u have an 05 we are not going to waste our time on ur issue, we have the new rams to worry about. They never asked for serial number on tuner, I was told they sent my info to calibrators. After more weeks of nothing, Ron sends message stating there is nothing could be done and to try tranny upgrade..im very dissapointed in the way I was treated. I did hours of research before purchasing this product and I realize most folks have not had issues. Guess im just one of the few..if superchips valued me as a customer they would have been more willing to look into this problem...tuner is less than six months old.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:22 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Based off how many guys I know who have SC and even I used to have them before I went custom tuning I would venture to say (just an assumption here) that it isn't the tuner. SC has a really simple and basic setup unlike custom tuning that can really get complicated.

Which goes back to saying I'm thinking it is your truck that is the issue and not the tuner. Now there is really no way to know that for sure unless you return your tuner to stock, sell it and pick up someone else's used 3865 and try again.

And if it is your truck, there really isn't anything they can do about it.

Old 07-11-2012, 12:58 PM
nyctonyinfl

Im having Magnaflows put in today & some basic maintenance. Can wait to hear it?

Old 07-11-2012, 05:04 PM
Ellis42
Veteran

Originally Posted by nyctonyinfl
Im having Magnaflows put in today & some basic maintenance. Can wait to hear it?
^^^random...not to mention wrong thread this ones about SuperChips not exhaust

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates