jkgusaf
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you, Thats helpful!

Old 03-28-2013, 10:31 PM
Vicente_I

Hello there...
I'm new to this forum, but it really seems interesting!!

I got some questions about Programming my RAM with Cortex Superchips!

I got a 2008 2500 4X2 SINGLE CAB DODGE RAM HEMI 5.7 LT
And I recently bought a Programmer and I've been using it only with basic settings...
But I see it has a lot of settings if I go into the advanced settings...
Could anyone help me setting it up the right way for the best way to get good milage??

One of my first questions that pop up: AXLE RATIO???

I would apreciate it if anybody could help me really get the best out of it

Old 04-04-2013, 10:20 PM
overlander
Default SC

hi. sorry if this question has already been asked and answered, i took a look but with over 300 pages i didnt take a look at them all haha. but i have a 2008 dodge 2500HD megacab with the 5.7 and 4:10 ratio in it. i was going to buy the cortex 3950 or 3850? sorry cant remember exactly. but the guy i was talking to he worked at one of the local dealership and told me not to do it because huge chance of blowing the head gasket. is that true? or something to just be worried about? and how much would a SC help out with towing a trailer over the mountains with my truck and with that gearing? any input would be awesome. thanks!
shawn

Old 04-05-2013, 10:27 PM
AZZO540
Veteran

Originally Posted by overlander
hi. sorry if this question has already been asked and answered, i took a look but with over 300 pages i didnt take a look at them all haha. but i have a 2008 dodge 2500HD megacab with the 5.7 and 4:10 ratio in it. i was going to buy the cortex 3950 or 3850? sorry cant remember exactly. but the guy i was talking to he worked at one of the local dealership and told me not to do it because huge chance of blowing the head gasket. is that true? or something to just be worried about? and how much would a SC help out with towing a trailer over the mountains with my truck and with that gearing? any input would be awesome. thanks!
shawn
1st i have herd of this
i used a flashpaq for 2 years before i had to switch. i wish i could still use it. tranny tune was awesome.
up for sell Jacksonville area

Old 07-04-2013, 09:47 AM
tybye

I dont have a tuner yet what octane do i have to use

Old 08-04-2013, 09:56 AM
imnurmom

Originally Posted by JoeHemi
SuperChips Transmission Options 2004 Dodge Ram Hemi - YouTube

This is a vid I put together quick way back when the trans options came out. Kinda gives a walkthrough on how to obtain the trans options once you have a 3865 in hand. In fact, this same tuner is for sale in the classifieds section
I need to spend more time on the forums lol, didn't realize this even existed for the 3865.

Old 08-15-2013, 04:52 AM
jaebersold
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 02 Ram 4.7...After reading many threads and post about people saying the tow tune is the best setting on the flashpaq, I had to test this for myself...After running my truck on 91 performance tune for months I switched to Tow tune and what do you know It runs so much better...I couldn't believe it.I mean it pulls harder though out the whole rpm range...I really think you guys should come out with a 93 performance tune for us 4.7 owners..We all damn near have the same mod list..Really..So it shouldn't be hard to make us a better tune other then TOW tune....This has been proven over and over..I really think you guys can do better on the performance tune I know it...I would even pay for the update as Im sure everybody else would if it really made a difference...I think a lot of people that sell their superchips and buy a sct tuner for the 4.7's, Probably are running the same tune.So I think you guys can do it!!!!!!Please make us 4.7 guys a better performance tune!!!..I would use the tow tune as a base map and then **** it off...BAM you have a 93 performance tune!!!!! ...An Im telling ya,You will make a lot more money if you did this..I would make the 93 performance tune a update not standard on the flashpaq's. Just like the tranny tuning...I bet a lot more people will keep their SC tuner also.Thankyou for your time and I really hope you guys bring us a better tune other then TOW tune!!

Old 09-07-2013, 02:56 PM
zbiggboy
Rookie
Default just my luck

I bought a flashpaq in July and its been a lemon. Superchips have been good working on fixing the programing so I have no complaints about that.

They emailed me yesterday and said that an update was available and to update and install. So I did this morning.

Now my truck will not start. I emailed them this morning and told them the codes and problems.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:45 PM
PAwrestling#1
Professional
Default My recently bought 2008 Bighorn Hemi

Hello all you new friends.. I hope I can get some useful newbie help. First I'd like to ask, my truck is fully stock, and would like to improve on 3 things. MPG's, exhaust sound, and of course have the option of increased H.P. when needed.. Right now my thoughts are a K&N cold air intake, Cat back Flomaster duals, and SC 3865. Any negatives or better bang for the buck with other options? As far as sound I'm looking for moderate loudness with a deep truck tone. I'm not big on the high tone cackle exhausts and backfires when leaving off the gas. Truck has 43,000 miles on it. What would be a good estimate on MPG gained with those 3 things driving it boringly?? haha. Also any thoughts on E3 sparkplugs in the Hemi and thoughts on AMS Oil? Thanks.
Bob

Old 09-12-2013, 12:08 PM
PAwrestling#1
Professional

Anyone?????

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates