Superchips Questions and Updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 08:24 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by chefred112
....im as anxious (and patient) as alot of the other guys awaiting some of the more advanced options. Having an extensive mod list I really didn't want to have to 'graduate' to a tuner that allows customizing options (only because I love my sc...and still have it despite having the other tuner as well)...I am happy to see that more performance orientated options are coming....
Same here chefred, I'm actually "sitting" on a KRC 210 cam waiting on a viable option to install it. I don't trust the "other" tuner out there right now with all the issues it seems to be having, SCT would be a great choice if they had the transmission shifts and tire recalibration for my '04, but they don't yet.
I love everything about the 3815, I just wish they would give us some custom settings so I'd be able to put that cam in and stay with SC without having to go to a piggyback and dealing with misfire CELs.

If CARB certification is so important to SC, maybe leave the Flashpaq and Cortex line the way they are, but come out with a line of customizable "off-road" tuners that would give us what we need, without having to deal with CARB...

What you think, Superchips guys???

Old 03-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Superchips Tom
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stltech
weird....on this thread he mentions that it would be released last week.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...ml#post1570136

I wonder about this too.

The Superchips Dodge team is working extremely hard on a number of projects in parallel. This concurrent development allows us to expand our vehicle coverage, improve our existing products in the field, and create better in-house tools to improve our development and production processes. Although we work on these projects in parallel, we sometimes have to prioritize workload. We typically rank projects based on the probability of market success for new projects, the severity of any field issues, and the ability to deliver continuous improvement and innovation to our existing customers. In the end we try to maximize R&D’s productivity to achieve all projects on time and on budget.

I provide this preamble to give you some perspective on why the Hemi features we promised are behind schedule... again. These features are important to us because they improve your Superchips experience and make your vehicle more capable than before. But, these Hemi Ram continuous improvements are in the queue behind two field issues (new Cummins calibrations from Dodge that we need to integrate into our system, 4.7L V8 WOT improvements) and one all-new application project (Jeep). We intended to launch TB relearn last week – it didn’t make it out the door because we had to tackle some last-minute Jeep development issues. Bottom line – it was bumped down by our project priority system.

The Dodge team is working on TB relearn and transmission options. They are getting close but require some validation before releasing. They [R&D] are late to our internal timeline, but the new features are ‘in our system’ and will be released soon. I expect them to be out in a few weeks barring any additional field or validation issues.

Stay tuned.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Superchips Tom
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Same here chefred, I'm actually "sitting" on a KRC 210 cam waiting on a viable option to install it. I don't trust the "other" tuner out there right now with all the issues it seems to be having, SCT would be a great choice if they had the transmission shifts and tire recalibration for my '04, but they don't yet.
I love everything about the 3815, I just wish they would give us some custom settings so I'd be able to put that cam in and stay with SC without having to go to a piggyback and dealing with misfire CELs.

If CARB certification is so important to SC, maybe leave the Flashpaq and Cortex line the way they are, but come out with a line of customizable "off-road" tuners that would give us what we need, without having to deal with CARB...

What you think, Superchips guys???
We're actively investigating the concept... stay tuned.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:39 AM
ramhunter9
Banned

tom ,
can you comment on my last post ? why does it feel beter to use the tow tune than the performance tune ? i feel allot better response with the tow , didnt feel anything different with the performance? driving with the tow tune all the time what affects will this bring? or is it bad to drive with the tow tune all the time? thanks

Old 03-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info Tom. I think that your continued presence on this forum shows the commitment that you and your company has to meeting the needs of your customers. I for one appreciate that.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:52 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Thanks for the info Tom. I think that your continued presence on this forum shows the commitment that you and your company has to meeting the needs of your customers. I for one appreciate that.
i make two.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:17 PM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

You are perfectly fine running the tow tune all of the time. The tow tune is just built with a little less timing and line pressure to the trans so that you can take advantage of the power increase while still having the ability to tow a load where you don't have that opportunity with the Performance program.

I am not sure exactly why you are seeing a better improvement in tow than in performance.

I would suggest contacting customer service at 888-227-2447 to set up a trouble ticket for you so that the engineer can have a look at your file and tweak it if needed.

Scott

Originally Posted by ramhunter1
tom ,
can you comment on my last post ? why does it feel beter to use the tow tune than the performance tune ? i feel allot better response with the tow , didnt feel anything different with the performance? driving with the tow tune all the time what affects will this bring? or is it bad to drive with the tow tune all the time? thanks

Old 03-10-2009, 05:30 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
You are perfectly fine running the tow tune all of the time. The tow tune is just built with a little less timing and line pressure to the trans so that you can take advantage of the power increase while still having the ability to tow a load where you don't have that opportunity with the Performance program.

I am not sure exactly why you are seeing a better improvement in tow than in performance.

I would suggest contacting customer service at 888-227-2447 to set up a trouble ticket for you so that the engineer can have a look at your file and tweak it if needed.

Scott
thanks scott i called and talked with brian he wanted me to reset the performance tune i did and still do not feel a difference im switching back to the tow tune and i feel its 100% better ..weird but any way i ran bolth tunes like this..
6400 rev limit
1-2 at 6000
2-3 at 5900
performance tested and felt close to stock didnt really feel a tune
tow was awesome felt like a diffrent rig very snappy and could tell a tune was their
also note a full tank of 93 oct.
maby i have a different PCM and it doesent like the performance tune??????

Old 03-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

My suggestion at this point would be to get back with Brian with this data. The engineer may need to have a look at your files and do some modifications.

Keep me posted. I will help where I can.

Scott

Old 03-11-2009, 12:25 PM
mfs212
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just want to say that this sticky was a great idea, and that Superchips has, by far, the best customer service of any in the industry. I am beyond impressed that they work so tirelessly to not only expand their current products, but communicate with us directly on these forums.

In stark contrast, Hypertech is about a mile from my house, and having experience with them can say that their service is no where near what I have found from these guys.

THANKS AGAIN AND I LOOK FORWARD TO OUR NEW UPDATES!!!

Quick Reply: Superchips Questions and Updates