Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 10:04 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And when doing the data log does it have to be plugged in to a computer or can you log it on the DSP and then plug it in and view it on the data viewer that you install on your pc?

Old 06-13-2009, 10:35 PM
kutz420
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.case-enterprises.com/xery...t_predator.htm

Links with a lot of info. "NOT RAM SPECIFIC"

Old 06-13-2009, 10:45 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by kutz420
That first link is for injector slope (part throttle fuel)...ram hemi's don't do that yet

Old 06-13-2009, 10:57 PM
kutz420
Professional

Thanks, I pulled it. Just remembered it had some logging info.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:06 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Oh yea you're right...good links

Old 06-13-2009, 11:26 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

So of the massive list of optional things you can log what would be the main ones to log in order to dial in a tune? In the first link the guy specified that he logged:

air fuel ratio (Equivalence Ratio)
commanded throttle position (or Accelerator Pedal Position)
engine speed (RPM)
long term fuel trim bank 1 & 2
MAF Sensor Mass Airflow
spark advance
total knock spark retard

Anything else that would need logged?

Also how long of a log file is needed?

How do you tell what you can safely adjust to avoid any damage?

Old 06-13-2009, 11:36 PM
kutz420
Professional

I plan on learning all of this with ya on Monday man. Lucky for me I got a Mac, thats not compatible, but the old PC laptop will now become a permanent under the seat fixture in the truck, so I'll be able to log as much as needed.

Have you searched through the DSP forums? Couple of the guys make it sound like you can send them your logs and they'll modify you a tune. I know Im not modded enough for any thing that deep, but it might benefit some heavier modded trucks.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:43 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

well I will be getting it custom tuned here once I get my cam installed and that'll be done by someone else and will be thrown on a dyno to do so. For now though, I just want to dial everything in a little better and learn what all I can adjust to do so. And with all the log info you can gather I just dont know what will be best and what is needed. I have all the partial shifts dialed in to where it is just wonderful to drive, so now its a matter of getting everything I can out of it.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by truckin151
So of the massive list of optional things you can log what would be the main ones to log in order to dial in a tune? In the first link the guy specified that he logged:

air fuel ratio (Equivalence Ratio)
commanded throttle position (or Accelerator Pedal Position)
engine speed (RPM)
long term fuel trim bank 1 & 2
MAF Sensor Mass Airflow
spark advance
total knock spark retard

Anything else that would need logged?

Also how long of a log file is needed?

How do you tell what you can safely adjust to avoid any damage?
I think that is a good list of things to log, I log all of that except the MAF. Also, I would record the LT Knock Retard bc you want that to be at 0. If you just do the total KR, that combines ST and LT and while a little ST is to be expected and perfectly safe, LT KR is no good. So by doing ST and LT instead of just total you can see exactly what type of KR you are getting.

When I do a log I do it with just the handheld, so the amount you can log is limited by the number of PID's you choose to log, the more you log the shorter the log will be. I can usually get about 3 to 4 minutes of log time which is usually enough to see what is going on with your truck.

As far as what you can adjust safely, you can adjust the spark and fuel slowly, like one degree and percent at a time respectively. I personally make an adjustment to one at a time by a single increment, then data log and view the results and then make any further changes, data log again and so on until I get it where I want.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:55 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Well I noticed something odd today, I went through and set the tire size of my truck to where it was with the SC, which is actually less accurate with the diablo as are as tire height is concerned since they dont go in .25 increments with the SC and .50 increments with the diablo. Anyway I had originally set it to my tire height by the side wall number 275/55/R20, well today I went by a speed camera that basically displays your speed as you go by, I was cruising at 35mph and was clocked going 30mph. I went through 5 different cameras each was 5mph off where my speedo shows me being.

So now I need to readjust which is actually kind of interesting. Online tire height Calculators put a 275/55/r20 at 31.9" while going out and measuring it puts it at 31.25", now the diablo only has settings for 31, 31.5 and 32. Which will be the most accurate? Also does it just ding when the tire height is set?

As for the data log, I took it for a 30min drive:

KNOCK LT Retard: 0.00
Knock ST Retard: 0.00
OL_AIR_FUEL: 0.07
Base Spark: Ranged from anywhere from 15-33
Total Base AF: 0.00
AVE MAP READ: 2.5-3.8 WOT, and .60-1.50 cruising

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews