Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 05:18 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy the DSP, then sell the SC for $250-$300, It would only be like $100-$150 out of pocket after that... Or... GET A JOB

Old 06-16-2009, 06:24 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think im going to sell some plasma for it lol

Old 06-17-2009, 01:58 AM
bigmiah22
Veteran

I drive an 03 ram and i was wondering which would be better a SC or a DSP for my truck and is it really worth it overall getting one?

Old 06-18-2009, 09:24 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
im gonna have to file for bankruptcy bc of you guys ughh lol
I wouldn't switch. Something is coming from Superchips that will make Diablo's hit and miss TCM support obsolete. It will set the standard for transmission tuning for our Rams. I know you've heard this before, but trust me when I tell you it will be awesome and worth the wait.

Sil

Old 06-18-2009, 10:30 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Not going to deny that there is probably something in the works from SC to compete with the diablo but I gotta tell you Sil, after running the SC for 4yrs straight on the 91tune, switching over from SC to DSP was a night and day difference. Im getting the performance I want, the mileage I want, and the tuning capabilities that I want that the SC just did not have. And with the ability to tune for partial up/down shifts as well as WOT shifts it feels sooooo much better than it did with the SC.

The SC is a great programmer and I have no complaints about it, but with the direction I want to take my truck now it just does not have the capabilities or functions that I need.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
I wouldn't switch. Something is coming from Superchips that will make Diablo's hit and miss TCM support obsolete. It will set the standard for transmission tuning for our Rams. I know you've heard this before, but trust me when I tell you it will be awesome and worth the wait.

Sil
I hope it is something good for two reasons. First, the guys who have waited all this time for options deserve something good. Second, once they come out with it I am hoping that DS will get their hands on it and integrate it into the DSP programming.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:27 AM
05RamMan
Captain

Originally Posted by SilsHemi

Sil
Sure if you want to wait until 2029! Until then, Im goin DSP.... Probably give the SC to my 8 year old nephew for his toy dodge truck, Since all I really see from SC so far is canned kiddy stuff and empty vaporware promises.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:28 AM
05RamMan
Captain

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
i think im going to sell some plasma for it lol
Yeah a 42inch or up should cover it...

Old 06-19-2009, 06:42 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by 05RamMan
Sure if you want to wait until 2029!
Going to be sooner than that. Good things, that function properly, take time.

Diablo won't be able to touch or replicate this transmission tuning. It will set the standard. I'm just recommending SilverBullet08 hold off for something that will be awesome.

Sil

Old 06-19-2009, 07:42 AM
05RamMan
Captain

Im sorry, My bad, 2090! I mean really, Less talk more action, Impress us already.

From what I understand the best thing SC can do is delete the TM function of these trannies, And since there is a little inherent danger in doing so, SC themselves has said they won't do it. So what could SC possibly do with the tranny that has no risk ofbreaking anything and on top of that beats the socks of what the DSP already does?

I recently got my SC, and thus far greatly un-impressed. While I can tell a difference, It's just not as huge as I expected. I tried a DSP last night and all I can say is, the SC goes to my nephew... .

On top of that the research I have done, shows many months if not almost a year of "Its coming" "It will be here" "Next week we promise". Well DSP has It for my truck NOW, I have verified it's deifnetly different. And to top it off I can actually do a little more customizing for stuff like a Cam,exhaust, etc....

While the SC is cool for being able to switch canned tunes, Thats all it is a $300 canned tune. And from the keyboard ofthe company itself, That is all it will ever aspire to be. Not to mention there is also a bit of history of misleading advertising to.

Now I am fairly new to this stuff, However, I do my research. If my research has led me astray, Please by all means corect me.

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews