Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 06:12 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It still wont do custom tuning though, and I do not want to have to deal with a piggy back setup. If the SC did custom tuning I would have probably never switched to be honest. But I cant really complain with the gains Im getting either so its alright...

Old 07-10-2009, 08:31 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
You'll have the ability to adjust shift firmness for WOT and part throttle shifts when Superchips releases their transmission tuning option.

http://www.flashpaq.com/forum/viewto...?p=29368#29368

Sil
I have to admit adjusting firmness would be nice. But until I actually see it released it's all hype to sell tuners IMO.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:39 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
I have to admit adjusting firmness would be nice. But until I actually see it released it's all hype to sell tuners IMO.
No hype. Spoke with programmer today. They're testing it right now. Should be released to beta testers in the near future.

Sil

Old 07-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
You'll have the ability to adjust shift firmness for WOT and part throttle shifts when Superchips releases their transmission tuning option.

http://www.flashpaq.com/forum/viewto...?p=29368#29368

Sil
Interesting post about how the valve body or shift kit could work contrary to what the truck's computer is trying to accomplish.

There is a guy near me selling one of the new 3865's cheap, I might have to buy it and do a head to head comparison between the 3865 and the DSP.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:41 AM
yfz450r
Question which one

i have an o4 with a 5.7 hemi whats the best programer for this year?

Old 07-16-2009, 05:56 PM
05RamMan
Captain

Howdy folks,
I have created a DSP convert. My friend currently has a sc 3815 and with all the lip service going on and with the latest anouncement that I showed him on the other thread he asked me if I would loan my DSP to him for a little while to try out, So I did. Well he was really happy with it, I just about had to beat him up to get it back, lol.

My friend is on a tight budget. It looks like the average going rate for the 3815's is about $220. The DSP tuner with the usb kit can be had new with full warranty for $375 shipped or used for $280 to $300 shipped.

So my question is this, Is the warranty and support worth the extra $75 to $95 dollars in your opinion?

My thought is this, For the DSP tuner it is worth the extra money. There is to much risk of getting a tuner that hasn't been properly unlocked. And having the support from diablo is worth the money.

What do you think?

Old 07-16-2009, 07:52 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 05RamMan
Howdy folks,
I have created a DSP convert. My friend currently has a sc 3815 and with all the lip service going on and with the latest anouncement that I showed him on the other thread he asked me if I would loan my DSP to him for a little while to try out, So I did. Well he was really happy with it, I just about had to beat him up to get it back, lol.

My friend is on a tight budget. It looks like the average going rate for the 3815's is about $220. The DSP tuner with the usb kit can be had new with full warranty for $375 shipped or used for $280 to $300 shipped.

So my question is this, Is the warranty and support worth the extra $75 to $95 dollars in your opinion?

My thought is this, For the DSP tuner it is worth the extra money. There is to much risk of getting a tuner that hasn't been properly unlocked. And having the support from diablo is worth the money.

What do you think?
I've never needed a warranty with any DSP 'ive owned. So IMO as long as it's unlocked with the usb kit i'd go used...the problem will be finding one. I'd also get on my friend about selling the 3815 if he's serious about it...their demand/price will go down once the mainstream catches wind of the trans update deal and/or when it launches.

Good job on the convert too

Old 07-16-2009, 09:58 PM
05RamMan
Captain

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
I've never needed a warranty with any DSP 'ive owned. So IMO as long as it's unlocked with the usb kit i'd go used...the problem will be finding one. I'd also get on my friend about selling the 3815 if he's serious about it...their demand/price will go down once the mainstream catches wind of the trans update deal and/or when it launches.

Good job on the convert too
Yeah, But can you get the custom stuff done if you still buy it used. I have seen about 3 of the DSP u3173's for sell for $300. And he just missed one off craigslist for $280.

I think I have it sold to a guy locally for $240. My friend is supposed to meet with him tommorow night. If it falls thru, you interested ?

Old 07-17-2009, 06:32 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

crhemi:

Hey,

I'm new to the forum but have much experiance from the LX forums the past 5 yrs.
If you still have your SC, you can set your tcm and pull the plug from the tcm. Then return to stock and upload your DSP, now plug your tcm back and enjoy.

Bill
So did anyone else get this PM a gew days back?

Old 07-17-2009, 06:36 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope, didn't get it but interested if it works. This is the idea that I was kind of kicking around a little while back.

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews