Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 06:38 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He only has 3 posts on the forum.... The idea does sound feasable though...

Old 07-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The idea does work bc there is a guy on the DSP forum who has done it with a Ram, he has the SC shift points with the DSP power tuning. The question is if you can get your stock tuning back if you do this. That is what has me hesitant about doing it.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:07 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

i got a pm from him asking where a used diablo was? lol

Old 07-18-2009, 12:09 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
The idea does work bc there is a guy on the DSP forum who has done it with a Ram, he has the SC shift points with the DSP power tuning. The question is if you can get your stock tuning back if you do this. That is what has me hesitant about doing it.
I would think that you could turn it back to stock engine wise but I dont know about trans wise... Or if you were to turn it back to stock on both what would happen since neither will have record of the trans being tuned... If there was more than just one person to try this and there was a way to turn everything back to normal without any repercussions it may be something to try out assuming diablo doesn't release trans control for the 04's fairly soon...

Old 07-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
i got a pm from him asking where a used diablo was? lol
I feel so left out, I didn't get a PM.

Old 07-18-2009, 04:57 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Sorry teach guess he didn't feel that you were important enough to get one... Maybe send him an introductory pm... Let him know who mods are for this section

Old 07-18-2009, 05:16 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

LOL, I wonder if he as actually done this with a Ram. If so this could be some good info for guys like me with 04's.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:22 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Never said in his PM if he did it or just read about it somewhere.... Im not a big fan of hear say though, specially if its only from one source. If there were alot of people doing it and none of them had any bad results then it may be something to try out.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:34 PM
mopardad68
Rookie

hey teacher, for my 04 which in our opion woulkd work best, not worried about tranny thing for ive got a 5 manual, thanx, just wondering and repect yall opion

Old 07-20-2009, 04:56 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by mopardad68
hey teacher, for my 04 which in our opion woulkd work best, not worried about tranny thing for ive got a 5 manual, thanx, just wondering and repect yall opion
Since no one has answered your question yet, I'll give you my opinion on the subject... Both Superchips and Diablo have great tuners out right now and both will give you some nice gains as far as power and mpg. I have used both on my 05', I used the Superchips Flashpaq 3815 on the performance 91 tune for about 4yrs without any problems with it and it gave the truck a bery nice ride and a bit more power at the top end and added a little to my mpg's. I switched over to the diablo predator about a month ago and have enjoyed it a lot. Power gains seem to be a bit more than the flashpaq, the shifting (not available on the 04's) have been wonderfull and the mpgs jumped quite a bit over what I was getting using the flashpaq. Overall though with the new features coming out on the flash paq they are both going to be similar as far as performance goes.

What made me switch to the Diablo tuner though was the availability to load a custom tune like the SCT Tuner and still have the options to adjust the trans shifts which is what I am going to need when I swap out the stock cam for something a little more aggressive. So I guess it really depends on what all you are planning to do with your truck. Are you planning on throwing on some heavy mods, like a new cam for example, that will require a custom tune in order to run it?

Also what are you looking to do with your tuner? With the Diablo you can litterally tune your truck by adjusting quite a few different parameters in your engine to really tune it as well as load the preset tunes and customise them slightly. Its alot more tech friendly than your everyday user is probably use to if you really venture into it. That also means though that it is a lot easier for someone who does not know what feature they are adjusting to harm their engine. The Superchips tuners on the other hand are alot more user friendly very straight forward and easy to use with very little that can be done to harm your engine/trans.

Hope that helps some what...

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews