Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 10:27 AM
motorhead426
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow is there a lot of menu's in this thing! I got the DSP to program the truck last night with only the 93 tune. Drove around a bit and everything seemed similair to the SC. Then I went in a modified the tune with the typical rev limits, and shift points.

Every morning I get behind these 2 people I always see, going about 2 MPH under the limit. So like usual I went to pass them and HOLY CRAP! This feels like a totally new truck compared to the SC. It kept pulling well past 90MPH.

I can't wait to get into the trans. shift settings. I've got a lot of reading to do. I still need to figure out the whole logging thing with the PC. How do you remove the log from the DSP without the PC? I had some recored last night just to see how it works, so I don't want to keep that data...

Also, when recording for knock, what exact parameters are we looking for?

Thanks for the talking me into buying this DSP guys! I haven't regretted it yet.

Old 09-18-2009, 10:46 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

When you get into setting the partial shifts, I think you will be even more happy with it. The first time I took mine out after I had them set, I was just cruising along not paying to much attention to the speed (after driving it with the SC for 4yrs I kinda got the hang of what my truck sounded like and the shifts at certain speeds, well it accellerates so damn quick and so damn smooth that before I knew it I was going well over 90. Let me know if you need some help with them though, I have a few different settings that I really like with mine

As for the data logging, I really haven't messed with that in a long time. I think there was something posted about it in some of the earlier posts in this thread.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:30 PM
motorhead426
All Star

Some features I do miss on my SC is the "BEEP" from the buttons. I was playing with the DSP last night in the dark, and I didn't turn the map lights on, because I know how picky these tuners are with voltage and accessories running. Wouldn't it be nice if the keys lit up? The reason I miss the BEEP is because sometimes you have to push the buttons harder than normal and the BEEP would let you know that it accepted the order you gave it... Anyway, just some small, minor details.

Old 09-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Fav40
Professional
Smile

Just got me one of dem Diablo Predator tuners myself. Installed the 93 tune tonight. Tomorrow I take it for a nice test drive

Hypertech user prior. GM guy too. First Mopar vehicle and so far loving it. The Hemi is sweet !

Mike

Old 09-23-2009, 01:49 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

So anyone on here taken their truck down to have it dyno tuned or had a custom tune written to you Diablo yet?

Old 09-23-2009, 02:43 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

im thinking about it, but i dont want to get into that right before winter. i am, however, planning on getting the truck to the track and getting with and without times.

here is a link to my DSP review!

Old 09-23-2009, 04:22 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Cant wait to see your results. I know my 0-60's went up after switching from Superchips to the diablo on the 91 tune and went up again after I modified their tune a bit.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:00 PM
Trupiano
Veteran

Hey guys, I just purchased my DiabloSport for my 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L, and I was just wondering how you update it with the computer cord they send? My laptop has like a 1000 USB connections but none, for the 9 pin plug they sent. How are you guys connecting the DSP to your computers to download the latest tune/software?
Thanks,
Trip

Old 09-23-2009, 09:30 PM
05RamMan
Captain

You should have gotten a USB to serial converter with your kit.

Old 09-23-2009, 10:26 PM
05RamMan
Captain

Ill be trying the 93 soon and customizing the shift points, hopefully with some help from the guys on the forums. If the stock 91 tune was any indication, Ill be a happy boy.

BTW, I have recently found out that I have free access to a Nice Dyno. Hopefully I will be posting up some different dyno's for you guys, Showing a fairly stock hemi truck with the different tunes if anyone is interested.

Maybe if any of the springfield/ozark guys are interested, I can get there truck on there to, Specially if you have an SC, As I'd like to see the difference between tunes. However I am not 100% sure if I can arrange that yet for them.

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews