Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by truckin151
Well picked up a diablo tonight, gonna go out and plug it in and see what it can do. Since I have all the trans options it'll be nice to see how it compares to my SC
Were you able to find the cables at radio shack? I think that you are going to like the DSP a lot in comparison to the SC. My truck doesn't even have TCM support and it still performs better than it did with the SC. Best part is that it feels like it is still getting stronger as I get more miles on the tune and get the tune adjusted to work best for my truck.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:09 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
screw you guys and your 05's with all the options. My 03 got the total shaft from SC AND DSP!! It was the first year for the Hemi, so they basically just forgot about us. Its like the bare essentials and thats it. I'd switch to DSP in a heartbeat if it was actually tuneable, but they SC and DSP are basically the same for the 03 and the SC was cheaper
Don't feel too bad, the 04's don't have much more offered than the 03's do. But I will tell you that even without TCM support the DSP does more performance wise than the SC does for our year trucks. The 93 tune is way stronger than the SC 91 tune, and even on an 03 you can adjust your fuel and spark to get the most out of your mods.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:17 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
screw you guys and your 05's with all the options. My 03 got the total shaft from SC AND DSP!! It was the first year for the Hemi, so they basically just forgot about us. Its like the bare essentials and thats it. I'd switch to DSP in a heartbeat if it was actually tuneable, but they SC and DSP are basically the same for the 03 and the SC was cheaper
Not my fault you bought an 03'....

Old 06-10-2009, 09:22 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Were you able to find the cables at radio shack? I think that you are going to like the DSP a lot in comparison to the SC. My truck doesn't even have TCM support and it still performs better than it did with the SC. Best part is that it feels like it is still getting stronger as I get more miles on the tune and get the tune adjusted to work best for my truck.
Yep showed the guys there what it needed and they grabbed the parts off the shelf. It should be nice cause it'll have all the partial up shifts and down shifts and I have a setup for the partial shifts that a lot of the guys on another forum have been raving about since it came out. I'm gonna finish grilling and then I'll get it all looked at after dinner.

What all will it data log?

Old 06-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

It will log just about every parameter possible, just doesn't do timed runs. And the dataviewer is flat out awesome for reviewing your data after you log it.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:57 PM
dedogg
Record Breaker

i finally got the truck programed, filled with 91 oct, and man it feels bad ace. Firmer shifts and fells like its got more pep. Now I just have to learn how to use all the options. lol

Old 06-11-2009, 01:00 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Well mine is up and running.... Let me just say HOLY F*CKING SH*T does that feel better. After loading the modified Partial Upshifts & Downshifts it is such a smooth yet quick ride!!! My truck has never accelerated so smoothly its almost scary! With the Superchips it had a firmer shift to it but just the ride quality with it is amazing. Well my SC is going away as soon as I get to do a few 0-60 runs...

Old 06-11-2009, 01:46 AM
06 Ram5.7
Veteran

I was wondering, what are the different transmission options with the DSP?

Old 06-11-2009, 06:55 AM
butch1581
Captain

What is the max power gain (hp/torque) on the 93 setting for the Diablosport? Wish I could get the edge fo get 35hp, but wondering how this compares

Old 06-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by truckin151
Well mine is up and running.... Let me just say HOLY F*CKING SH*T does that feel better. After loading the modified Partial Upshifts & Downshifts it is such a smooth yet quick ride!!! My truck has never accelerated so smoothly its almost scary! With the Superchips it had a firmer shift to it but just the ride quality with it is amazing. Well my SC is going away as soon as I get to do a few 0-60 runs...
I knew you would like it, it is a great product. Once more people start hearing about the positive experiences guys are having with the DSP, I think there is going to be a shift away from SC bc it just can't compete with what DSP has to offer in terms of features or power. Can't wait to see the results of your 0-60 runs now with the DSP tune on your truck, I would imagine that they would have to be faster than with the SC.

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews