Diablo Information and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 10:10 PM
countrystyleram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by truckin151
A custom tune specifically for your truck is better than the canned tunes that come on the programmer any day of the week. Normally you would not need one but I would go as far as if you have done all the bolt ons a custom tune will do you good. I had one for my truck to get it to run a little better before my cam was installed and I have to say that my truck ran much nicer than it did with the canned tune. But now with my cam I have to have a custom tune
I know i`m going to sound like a hell of a noob here, but what is Hemifever? I want to know just cause it sounds awesome.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:14 AM
jpozza

Well i dont have a cam or anything big. All i have is exhaust and an intake. So from what you guys are saying is of course a custom tune is better but its not really needed for what i have.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:30 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jpozza
Well i dont have a cam or anything big. All i have is exhaust and an intake. So from what you guys are saying is of course a custom tune is better but its not really needed for what i have.
Yeah, canned tunes it is for you.

Originally Posted by countrystyleram
I know i`m going to sound like a hell of a noob here, but what is Hemifever? I want to know just cause it sounds awesome.
Not what but who. HemiFever is a guy who does custom tuning. His name is Sean. A lot of guys like and use him but there are others also. If you are thinking of custom tuning make sure you get a tuner that can datalog like the Diablo and make sure you get a wideband AFR setup like the Innovate LC1

Old 01-12-2011, 06:25 PM
countrystyleram
Rookie

Not what but who. HemiFever is a guy who does custom tuning. His name is Sean. A lot of guys like and use him but there are others also. If you are thinking of custom tuning make sure you get a tuner that can datalog like the Diablo and make sure you get a wideband AFR setup like the Innovate LC1[/quote]

As I had mentioned, i`m a noob. What is or who, AFR and the Innovate LC1? And i`m leaning towards the Superchips 3865

Old 01-12-2011, 10:54 PM
Rich 2500
Veteran

AFR- Air Fuel Ratio.
Innovate LC1:
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc1.php

Superchips, does not offer custom tuning at this time. That's usually SCT or Diablo, and some other high end tuners. You'll be fine with a canned tune, probably 90% or more of the guys using tuners run the supplied tunes.

Keep asking, keep learning, I mean what the heck, it's free.

Old 01-13-2011, 12:03 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by countrystyleram
Not what but who. HemiFever is a guy who does custom tuning. His name is Sean. A lot of guys like and use him but there are others also. If you are thinking of custom tuning make sure you get a tuner that can datalog like the Diablo and make sure you get a wideband AFR setup like the Innovate LC1
As I had mentioned, i`m a noob. What is or who, AFR and the Innovate LC1? And i`m leaning towards the Superchips 3865[/QUOTE]

http://www.hemifevertuning.com/

AFR - Air Fuel Ratio

Did you say your truck was an 03'? If it is an 03' Hemi, I wouldnt waste the money on the 3865, it will only do as much as the 3815 will and you should be able to find them cheap as dirt now days.

The DSP wont do you any good on the 03's either as the items you can adjust are few and far between.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:52 AM
countrystyleram
Rookie

The 3815 are around 150-200 on ebay

Old 01-13-2011, 09:56 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah but there were just two SC here for sale in our classifieds also

Old 01-13-2011, 10:29 AM
countrystyleram
Rookie

Still new here, didn`t know we had a those, i`ll check into that!

Old 01-21-2011, 06:51 PM
AFfire13

noob here as well, just confused as to the diablo, ive seen them all over websites, but do you need a chip as well or does it plug right into your computer and you tune up from there?

Quick Reply: Diablo Information and Reviews