truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're getting there rocket....

Old 08-24-2010, 04:06 PM
rocket23
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah ,pretty soon I'll be hanging out the window yelling, " Wanna Race?" Lmao.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:22 AM
03MopaRamman
Captain

tried that set of 265's on a run, squeeled the shiz outta them and turned an 8.22 which was horrid, so you got me beat there, I had a 6.59 before the torque converter. Gears are in the Horizon though 8-12 weeks and got the new Cam comin too. LMAO I can see you hangin out the window too Rocket..Well done your gettin There x 2.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:21 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Im really hoping my Trinity will be back from Diablo this week so i can finish open loop tuning and maybe get a bit faster. If nothing else i will be thankful just to get away from this surging I get sometimes. ::UGH::

Old 08-30-2010, 02:50 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Surging issues because of the trinity or because of the custom tune?

I had that issue with one of the ported TB's I picked up a while back and hated driving the truck because of it. The A/C would adjust itself like normal, but in the process the valve would open to much and cause the truck to jump about 10mpg. Rush hour traffic was a bitch to get though cause you could not touch the gas peddle or run the air or you would practically jump through the rear of the car in front of you.

Old 09-02-2010, 11:33 PM
03MopaRamman
Captain

Interesting! Beware of Bad TB's?

Old 09-03-2010, 06:17 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

No, this is because of incomplete tuning. My tuning has taken forever because or many reasons.

I starter out with a DSP and Innovate LC-1. But the LC-1 along only did AFR v/s time and not RPM, so I sold the LC-1 and got a Zeitronix ZT-2 but then didnt like it at all because of thier software. But then I wanted all my logs (PID data plus AFR) all in one log so I sold the ZT-1 but got another LC-1 (wide band) and this time also a OT-1 (16 ch data recorder) but only to have issues with the OT-1 and my trucks ODB port. I called Innovate about it and they were clueless. So after dicking around and being pissed with them a bit I sold it and changed again. This time I sold my DSP and bought a Trinity (which broke my bank again). I got it so i could do all my tuning and logging and be able to add a wide band to it also. So I bought another LC-1 (brand new in box) but when I got it all connected, I found out it was a dead unit. So I had to send it back in to Innovate (out in CA) to get repaired/replaced. So I finally got it back and connected and working fine but then when i set the Trinity up for external gauge monitoring, the Trinity would completely lock up. Posting on Diablos forums about it was almost useless. After several days and many posts later, they said they didnt know what the issue was and to RMA it. So its been back at Diablo for about 2 weeks now. I shot a PM off to Jimb the other day asking about the status and he said he could duplicate the issue but didnt know what the problem was yet. So in the mean time, Im just waiting to get it back so i can finish my tuning.

So Ive been going through my tuning process for quiet a long time because of all of this.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:18 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

mike whos doing your tuning now that marty is gone? I havent tried to get ahold of the KRC guys recently, but i need to cause my fuel trims are way rich

Old 09-03-2010, 02:43 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

I spoke with one of the guys at KRC and he said he could finish the tuning. But as a back-up I have spoken with Sean and he said he would do it for $150. I personally dont feel it is fair to have to cough up more money to have my tuning finished no matter how many guys like Sean. Im sure he is good and I have no issue with him but rather having already paid someone to do it and they change positions in life and things are left where they lay.

So im hoping the guys at KRC can successfully finish it. If I had a dyno tuner close to me I would be willing to do that just to get it over with.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:19 AM
rocket23
Champion

I guess this is the place for this, Not the fastest truck in the world. But not bad for nearly 3 tons of rolling 4x4 !!
xsmile.jpg?t=1283606342

Quick Reply: Data Loggers