3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Brakes
Print Wikipost

Ceramic Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 12:20 AM
silverblue1989
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ceramic Brake Pads

I understand the ceramic pads reduce dust and stop better. Looking for opinions on the best brand of pad out there. I have an 04 quad cab 4x4 that is used primarily for pleasure driving.

Old 04-29-2007, 02:50 AM
schmedly
Rookie
Default RE: Ceramic Brake Pads

Raybestos makes pretty good mainstream automotive brake parts. I have had ceramics several times and I like them a lot. They stop better than OEM, less dust and are much quieter. I have never had this problem, but from what I have read, if towing heavy and run into severe braking situations like long downhill grades, that they can fade faster than semi-metalic. I have towed my boat thru the mountains without any problems on several occasions.

Old 04-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go with Hawk pads with Powerslot rotors, a proven combo for our trucks that work. Just search the forum.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:59 PM
nvisciani
Rookie

Just replaced my 04' QC brakes - Autozone had Morse Ceramic padsand replacement rotors - got everything for about $200. easy install andstops nice. Rims are much cleaner after a 100 mile daily round trip for work...

Old 05-04-2007, 12:49 AM
clintmiester2

I work at Napa and our ceramic pads are really good, i havnt had to replace the pads on my truck in a while, but i put them on my sisters truck and she likes them a lot.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:10 PM
blacktop
Rookie

I'd like to add to this old thread. I recently put on Autozone duralast gold C-Max brake pads on the front of my 2005 QC. I sanded the rotors and after a 100+ mile brake-in period I can say the initial bite is just about the same maybe a little better, but with harder foot pressure it definitely stops better. I do notice if I ride the brakes down long hills they do fade a little though. I didn't touch the back brakes yet. It would probably grab even better if I do the backs and new rotors all around. To top it off the brake pads have a lifetime warranty. When the wear out the pads you just bring them back to Autozone for new ones. There probably are better pads out there, but I'm happy with my purchase.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:16 PM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by clintmiester2
I work at Napa and our ceramic pads are really good, i havnt had to replace the pads on my truck in a while, but i put them on my sisters truck and she likes them a lot.
+2 on the napa. i have drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads from napa and they are better than the stock setup. havent had any issues.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Heavy_Sack
Professional

had ceramic ones on my Monte Carlo SS she'd stop on a dime! never tried on the truck yet

Old 03-24-2009, 10:39 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Duso02
Go with Hawk pads with Powerslot rotors, a proven combo for our trucks that work. Just search the forum.
+1 Hawks bite hard

Last edited by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn; 03-24-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:43 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Ceramics are a little harsh on the rotors and tens to heat them up and warp. They are good for dustless applications. Most manufactures install Ceramic pads right from the factory. I prefer Hawks Carbon ferro pads. pricey, but unmatched by the competition. No dust, no heat build-up. Gentle on rotrs. They are the best of both worlds, but yet pricey at $100 or so a pair.

Quick Reply: Ceramic Brake Pads