3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:01 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Brakes
Print Wikipost

Ceramic Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 06:15 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by blacktop
Its about a year later and my free c-max pads have worn out again......Garbage pad!
They are lifetime replacement pads. Not pads that last a lifetime. Afterall, you are driving a 5500+ lb pig. It takes a lot of power to slow it down and stop. On top of that, we don't know ow how often you are in traffic, how hard you use your brakes or anything else.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:19 PM
blacktop
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by weedahoe
They are lifetime replacement pads. Not pads that last a lifetime. Afterall, you are driving a 5500+ lb pig. It takes a lot of power to slow it down and stop. On top of that, we don't know ow how often you are in traffic, how hard you use your brakes or anything else.
Im getting less than 10k miles out of the pads. I think I got triple that out of the factory pads.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:23 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by blacktop
Im getting less than 10k miles out of the pads. I think I got triple that out of the factory pads.
Then you have something else going on. I've been using Cmax on my truck for years and I'm only on my second set. Even then they were not worn out. I replaced them because I rebuilt my calipers and replaced all my rotors.

But again, everyone's driving habits are different. It takes 30 mins to change pads and they put out far less dust than semi metallic pads.

Quick Reply: Ceramic Brake Pads