3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

0-60 times in Dodge Ram Hemi?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 02:55 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 0-60 times in Dodge Ram Hemi?

ditto mopartodd... my thoughts exactly

Old 03-26-2005, 10:29 PM
1BADSUV
Rookie

Thanks for showing your true colors.[&:] I was telling the truth about everything stated. I have driven an Ram SRT-10 when they first came out, watched them at the track, most of them break into the 14's and get pummeled by Gen II Lightnings.

I was at the Dodge dealer today picking up my Ram from service and was checking out the SRT-10 QC in black, it was freakin cool. They want me to trade my truck in for it and I might just do it.
ORIGINAL: mopartodd

Having the Typhoon for 3 years now, everything I test-drive seems slow.
*Yawns*

I've seen several of your posts and you seem to want to brag on your typhoony. I've even seen a post where you asked an SRT-10 owner who was selling if they were selling because "it was slow."

I'm not sure if your fishing for a comments on your vehicle or what, but here's one. Go brag about it at a another forum rather than try to start something here.

Old 03-26-2005, 10:35 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for showing your true colors.
Was there any doubt??????

Can't speak for an inexperienced driver either in the SRT-10's. Like anything else, it takes practice. I mean we are talking about a 500HP truck here and a light truck rearend doesn't like that V-10 torque either. With a good driver and tires, 12's should be possibly on a stock engine.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:35 PM
hemidaytona87

new to the ram world and the forum, when i insured my truck they asked if it was a hemi sport. i have an 05 qc daytona 5.7 hemi, how do i know if it is the hemi sport or not and what is the difference between a reg hemi and hemi sport?

Old 01-08-2011, 11:55 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1BADSUV
Thanks for showing your true colors.[&:] I was telling the truth about everything stated. I have driven an Ram SRT-10 when they first came out, watched them at the track, most of them break into the 14's and get pummeled by Gen II Lightnings.

I was at the Dodge dealer today picking up my Ram from service and was checking out the SRT-10 QC in black, it was freakin cool. They want me to trade my truck in for it and I might just do it.
Originally Posted by moparturd
Was there any doubt??????

Can't speak for an inexperienced driver either in the SRT-10's. Like anything else, it takes practice. I mean we are talking about a 500HP truck here and a light truck rearend doesn't like that V-10 torque either. With a good driver and tires, 12's should be possibly on a stock engine.
Go bicker in the pm's, or start your own bicker thread.

Originally Posted by hemidaytona87
new to the ram world and the forum, when i insured my truck they asked if it was a hemi sport. i have an 05 qc daytona 5.7 hemi, how do i know if it is the hemi sport or not and what is the difference between a reg hemi and hemi sport?
Wrong thread, but a hemi sport just has a body kit on it. Sometimes a fake hood scoop.

To get back on topic, my mostly stock (CAI, programmer, catback) 03 QC according to my Superchips does:

Old 01-09-2011, 08:37 AM
SLT8
Record Breaker

Wow you must of done some searching to find this thread.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:44 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I didn't even read any of the dates lol. I just saw someone had posted something new. It was late...

Last edited by HemiLonestar; 01-09-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:56 PM
bgbluram2
All Star

Funny to read posts about the Hemi when it was still new to the streets.. Now it's been out for ~8 years, and still dominating the roads.

Old 05-17-2012, 10:53 PM
jknots

Originally Posted by moparturd
Yeah, it's that quick. The RC SWB, 2WD is even quicker. Tried to get an SS to run me on the beltline the other day and he wouldn't bite. He must have known.
he didnt want to race becaus an ss will walkit on u

Old 05-17-2012, 11:01 PM
jknots

u cant just throw out numbers like 15s without the bs card comming out. i saw a quad cab bone stock with a good launch run a 16.9 at sea level. your hemis have about 245 rwhp and run mid to high 16s. they r not sports cars and dont run 14s without thousends of dollars. i walk it on hemis daily in a quad cab cummins that runs low 15s . i beat stock hemis by 8 car lengths by the time i throw it in 6th gear so bs to everyone except hemi wolf peace out. and ps dont line up with my unless u do have a super charger

Quick Reply: 0-60 times in Dodge Ram Hemi?