3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

0-60 times in Dodge Ram Hemi?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 12:46 AM
jknots
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ellis42
Don't know times but my bro-in-law had a 07 Hemi Sport and I drove it a few times and ran it against a lot of different cars and I must say for a truck it would put you in your seat and I believe I only lost one race and that's to a guy who has a bada$$ Nova with like 10K in motor alone and yes he smoked me but like I sai stock hemi against a motor with that much dumped in it well in my eyes why did I even bother lol but like I was saying overall not sure on times but my guess would be 15 sec to maybe high 14sec 1/4 miles
im done with this conversation. because thats the problem u guess and then some guy comes in the forum asking a legit question about your truck and u say 15 high 14 when its a 16+ and thats a big gap so ill see yall at the track.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:19 AM
Ellis42
Veteran

Originally Posted by jknots
im done with this conversation. because thats the problem u guess and then some guy comes in the forum asking a legit question about your truck and u say 15 high 14 when its a 16+ and thats a big gap so ill see yall at the track.
Wow calm down there speed demon, I wasn't referring to your conversation, but sorry you have become so butt hurt and feel a need to prove a point or whatever your trying to do and like I said I'm guessing so that does leave a gap a rather big one but like I said you have a need to argue and prove something in something I really don't care about which is speed and that why I have a dodge without a hemi because to me a truck is made to be tough not fast but that my opinion but if you want to talk about speed then bring whatever you have to whatever track and I could bring my 1977 Trans Am Firebird Hurst Edition out from the garage and we could run em then call it a night.....

Before you reply take a deep breath and calm down man it's only a forum... Stress is not good on the body

Old 05-19-2012, 02:55 AM
thumperk15
Veteran

You guys lol. Anyways I raced a 2002 Chevy Silverado RC 4.8 a while back. The truck had headers back, cammed, CAI, and gears. My truck is a '08 Hemi quad swb with 24's. I smoked the guy! I got a message a day later from a guy that knew me and said what he had in the truck. Hemis are fast hands down but stock they aren't speed demons race wise. Now, if we want to start a thread and who's fastest in their garage I have a '91 S-10 with a stroker Mopar I'll bring out! lol

Old 05-19-2012, 10:23 AM
jknots

this will be my last post about the subjuect. yes i passed english class but my degree is in math so if that helps u. i was just checking out 1/4 mile times and came across this forum, and saw claims of 14s on stock trucks. i have a cummins and my truck on fule saver runs 16.41 @ 87mph, i drive around on fule saver and outrun hemis daily. when i put my prograner on performance i run a 15.7 @ 93mph and i beat them by car lengths end of story. my times are from tickets given to my after runs at orlando speedwords friday night street drags. not a programer # not it feels like a 14 it is what it is. i also have a twin turbo yukon anyone want some of that. so peace out and dont lie about your truck. i know your trucks go for what they r but there not what you think they r.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:39 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dlyter09
So what you are saying is that when i took the 04 to the drag strip that Im lying when i say it will run a 17 even at 82mph?? and thats with a 6 inch lift and 35's spinning the first 30 feet.. I will and have walked all over SS chevys.. Your cummins isnt as fast as you would like to think it is. I mean low 15s isnt that impressive to me.. Then again all the cummins im around will easily run a 13 quarter...
low 15s is pretty fast for a 7200 lbs truck. and its faster than any hemi ive come across even rc sb. and your freinds are full of it with 13s sorry. i go to the track all the time i know what these things run. i beleve u ran a 17 but i dont beleve 14s or 15s. that every one claims its bs they dont run that maybe u read they do or had a reader that counts your burnout but prob. just liers.
reading post about how people see the hemi emblem and dont try you. bs hemi see the cummins and quiver. 27mpg tow twice as much and out run u at the track. and if anyone wants some ill be at orlando super speed way tonight. and if i see a hemi it makes me smile because i know they cant handle the coal........
He said Cummins will run 13's. Your arguing about the Hemi's. 2 different animals. A tuner slapped on even a stock Cummins will destroy a supercharged Hemi. Period. Those tuners ad over 200HP by fooling exhaust temps, changing variable timing on the turbo's and altering fuel trims. I'm not saying it's good for your injectors or gaskets running that type of tuner power, but it's available. Easily hit 13's. 13.9 is still considered "13's".
Stock Hemi's are upper 14-lower 17sec beasts depending on your mods/tires/suspension whether it's RC or QC and 2wd or 4wd..etc

Old 05-19-2012, 10:54 AM
thumperk15
Veteran

I didn't buy a drag truck, I bought mine to haul my rock crawlers and hot rods. I got a tuner to adjust speedo for my 24's and do the 87oct tune. Now it would be great to grab a tuner and add 200hp like the deisel guys can lol. I do the occasional hammer downs for that hemi rumble.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:04 AM
Ellis42
Veteran

this will be my last post about the subjuect. yes i passed english class but my degree is in math so if that helps u. i was just checking out 1/4 mile times and came across this forum, and saw claims of 14s on stock trucks. i have a cummins and my truck on fule saver runs 16.41 @ 87mph, i drive around on fule saver and outrun hemis daily. when i put my prograner on performance i run a 15.7 @ 93mph and i beat them by car lengths end of story. my times are from tickets given to my after runs at orlando speedwords friday night street drags. not a programer # not it feels like a 14 it is what it is. i also have a twin turbo yukon anyone want some of that. so peace out and dont lie about your truck. i know your trucks go for what they r but there not what you think they r.
Once again you one in here just trying to prove something about your vehicle, honestly I don't believe anyone here really cares the only reason anyone started arguing with you is because you started with them and the only reason I started in on you is cause you came at me and my post which had absolutely nothing to do with you, honestly the way you are becoming so butt hurt just shows how immature you are, I mean here let me put this I have a 50cc scooter that runs low 10s on a bad day haha...now there argue about that and I know even if you don't reply you will be freaking out at your house, anyone can say what they want on here me nor many others car because it only makes them look stupid if they are lying but once again it's only a forum who cares

I know you won't reply because you said you wouldn't and you want to look like billy bada$$ so please don't, but I know you will continue to check this thread for the next couple weeks just to see what's said

Member take a deep breath and calm down

Quick Reply: 0-60 times in Dodge Ram Hemi?