3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

got spanked!!! need opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 06:26 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Long tube headers, shorter gears...

Old 05-20-2010, 06:27 PM
o6ramm
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
^ picking on cars is the funniest. they never think your brick is that fast furds are too slow
I gotta agree here, I think my point was more in turning corners and such,. There is nothing hotter than a truck just a getting it , down the road.imo.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:48 PM
MikeHTally
Champion

I'm seriously considering a new Mustang V6 convertible in '12. 313 dyno hp, 323 ft/lbs, six-speed stick. Easily chirps the tires in 3rd and handles REALLY well, right outta the box. The new 5.0 (true 5.0 now, not a 4.9) is even more awesome, but pretty pricey. With the dealer premium, they might push $50K.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:51 PM
RedTruck-VA
Champion

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
A torque converter would help you tremendously as well. I know just the place you can get a GREAT deal on one!

...in my sig
Jump on AF_Hemi's TC and throw some gears in with a good LSD and you'll be ready for the other add-on's. Good luck..

Old 05-20-2010, 10:14 PM
04-fourseven
Record Breaker

After floating around this forum, I can tell you that all these ideas are good. I believe your going to see the best improvement in gear first off. I would save the money from headers and a programmer, and get 4:56 gear. You will see a dramatic difference, and when your not on the throttle, you will see an improvement in fuel economy.

After gears, then get a programmer. If you have the HEMI go with the DSP. From there, get cams. Then go for headers. This is how I would do it, if I had the money to.

SILVER... let me tell you what. Give me a minute to put the same mods on my "FURD" that you have on your truck right now. Your lighter and two wheel drive, so you should the advantage. Then we will see about "furds" being slow... LOL. All in fun buddy...

Old 05-20-2010, 10:17 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by 04-fourseven
After floating around this forum, I can tell you that all these ideas are good. I believe your going to see the best improvement in gear first off. I would save the money from headers and a programmer, and get 4:56 gear. You will see a dramatic difference, and when your not on the throttle, you will see an improvement in fuel economy.

After gears, then get a programmer. If you have the HEMI go with the DSP. From there, get cams. Then go for headers. This is how I would do it, if I had the money to.

SILVER... let me tell you what. Give me a minute to put the same mods on my "FURD" that you have on your truck right now. Your lighter and two wheel drive, so you should the advantage. Then we will see about "furds" being slow... LOL. All in fun buddy...
bring it!! not afraid i beat a modded cummins the other day...

Old 05-20-2010, 10:44 PM
southernbnb
Captain

AF - i wish i had the money for ur TC. if i did i would snap it up in half a heartbeat!

my only problem with going to 4.56 gears is that i do occasionally take this truck long distances and from what i have read those gears would have the engine screaming at highway speeds. but i definitely want a LSD.

04 - i was leaning more towards the SC because of the transmission tuning i have been hearing about on here but do you think the DSP would be a better choice? what are the differences between the two?

and just so yall dont think im a total re re i knew that i was gonna lose but i didnt expect her to walk away like i was in reverse!!!! i knew that my heavy azz truck didnt stand a chance against her mustang. im pretty sure its a gt and i know its a manual transmission. i will have to find out for sure next time i see her.

so from what im reading my priorities should go like this:

1. gears (4.10 or 4.56) and an LSD.
2. TC
3. programmer
4. cam
5. longtubes

that sound about right?

Old 05-20-2010, 10:46 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

gears
cam
sct
longtubes
TC

Old 05-20-2010, 10:54 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by southernbnb

my only problem with going to 4.56 gears is that i do occasionally take this truck long distances and from what i have read those gears would have the engine screaming at highway speeds. but i definitely want a LSD.
negative. with 33" tires at 75mph im at about 2100 rpms. thats the sweet spot for this motor. and i still avg over 17 mpg's on long trips. and that is with a heavier 2500. with 4.56's you will gain MPG's in town, and maybe lose 1 on the fwy. the benefits more than out weigh that 1 mpg

Old 05-20-2010, 10:58 PM
southernbnb
Captain

ok kewl. then 4.56s it is!! lol and if i remember correctly i am gonna want an auburn LSD instead of a DTT right. i remember reading that one is better for off road and one is better for the street but i cant remember which one.

Quick Reply: got spanked!!! need opinions please.