3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Is this to good to be true?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 02:57 AM
CaliDodgeRam
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this to good to be true?

As you all proably have read somewhere or another my next project is head and taillights. I stumbled upon these in my searchs. What am i missing here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-07...ht_9729wt_1066 these just seem to good to be true right? Halo headlights already smoked that are plug and play for under $200? Thanks guys.

Old 11-27-2010, 09:40 AM
sc13mw

usually those kind of headlights are junk. the price reflects the quality

Old 11-27-2010, 09:52 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sc13mw
usually those kind of headlights are junk. the price reflects the quality
Mostly true; however, some sellers have more known brands such as Anzo which are very high priced and are still not so great as they use the same exact components with a slight difference in design(looks).
The issue with those is the quality of the projector. They are made for halogen bulbs, use low standard engineering, low quality lenses and are rather inneficient. ANY and ALL pre-made aftermarket projectr headlights are hit/miss and even if they are a "hit" they still are much lower quality than a retro-fitted projector which is made for an actual HID bulb. Those halogen projectors are not made for HID bulbs, so if that was your intention, I would rethink. Most of those have better output with halogen bulbs than HID's due to the design of the projectors and length of the bulbs that should be in them.

I call those "for looks" headlights, not "for light output" headlights.

How's that efan goin?

Old 11-27-2010, 10:10 AM
DodgEclectic
Amateur

I think i am going to have to go with " price reflects quality " on this too. although they look legit, ebay can be sketch. the only thing i would order for my truck from there might be some stickers... otherwise i would like to get REAL parts for my pride and joy.IMO.

one more thing? is it worth $200 to test those out? if so, and they are good then you should let me know. haha, because those lights are awesome.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:07 PM
CaliDodgeRam
Veteran

Efan is still waiting to be done, haha proably about next weekend I have all the parts just have to find the time now you know.

And i know those things are so sweet thats why I want to try them but 200 is a little ridiculous for them to be junk.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Matt99
Champion

those look great but are probably going to be crap. Remember that tinted lenses and HIDs do not work also.

Id skip and just paint yours. IMO stock ones painted look better, spend the $200 on oracle halos and you will have an awesome looking light

Old 11-28-2010, 01:33 AM
CaliDodgeRam
Veteran

Oracle halos? Easy to install?

Old 11-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Matt99
Champion

Well you have to have your lights apart to install them, but not hard after that if you have a pair of wire strippers and some shrink wrap.

If you look in the FYI you will see a DIY on painting 06-08 heads

Quick Reply: Is this to good to be true?