3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

My truck earned some money today...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 08:58 AM
harby
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My truck earned some money today...

Well everything ground to a halt over here in the UK this week, with snow falling in most areas.. as usual no-one is prepared!!

I wasn't going to make it to work, so we decided to head out, get the oldest to pre-school and head into town on the basis that we should be able to get through OK and we did.

On the way to town, just passing a Polish 7.5 ton truck with 5 ton trailer I noticed he was stuck on the ice, so offered him a pull as the traffic was backing up, we hooked a strap between the 2 and I pulled him all the way up the hill, he gave me a small reward for helping him.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:59 AM
B-radical
Professional

Mmmmmm fresh milk sammiches!!!!

Old 11-30-2010, 09:01 AM
Matt99
Champion

Originally Posted by B-radical
Mmmmmm fresh milk sammiches!!!!
? lol

sounds cool man....there arnt a ton of trucks over there are there?

Old 11-30-2010, 09:05 AM
harby
Professional

No not many over here and most of them are probably wrapped up snug in the garage, but mine is used in all weathers, worked hard when I need it to, as well as being my pride and joy

Old 11-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Matt99
Champion

I bet its badass then....My aunt lives over there in Weybridge, Surrey and was griping about only having tiny cars in the snow.

The member Armaby on here has a pretty nice truck and lives over there and always talks about how much fun he has having one of the only ones in the area

Old 11-30-2010, 09:10 AM
B-radical
Professional

Originally Posted by Matt99
? lol

lmao I misread what he wrote....I thought he put that it was snowing a bunch and he took his kid to school, then went into town to get some BASICS. When most people flock to the stores in bad weather, the first things to go are bread and milk. I guess they just make fresh milk sammiches all day

I failed on the reading part of things

Old 11-30-2010, 10:55 AM
bamataco
Veteran

To bad you didn't get some pictures of you towing the truck. They would have been cool to post.

Old 12-01-2010, 01:52 PM
harby
Professional

Originally Posted by bamataco
To bad you didn't get some pictures of you towing the truck. They would have been cool to post.
Yeah, wasn't really an option to be messing around with cameras, but this is the kind of thing I was pulling, it was fully laden with matching size trailer....

Old 12-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Blacksport
Captain

Harby - just a quick question...you have UK-spec there...is there any difference between a US or Canada model truck and yours? And my truck is the same year as yours, but you have different tail lights.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:20 PM
harby
Professional

Originally Posted by Blacksport
Harby - just a quick question...you have UK-spec there...is there any difference between a US or Canada model truck and yours? And my truck is the same year as yours, but you have different tail lights.
Hey

The main differences are the way the lights and indicators work, as with all american vehicles not specifically built for the UK, it has to be converted, including adding a rear fog light and having orange indicators front and rear and side repeaters in the wings. Mine was officially imported by Chrysler/Dodge USA and came with 3 years warranty from new. It also has a high grade alarm/immobiliser to meet the insurers security requirements for new vehicles.

The lighting conversion wasn't the best using 2 core mains cable so I had to tidy it up to make it look OEM and I've also re-connected the orange side lights in the headlights.

The other main difference is the purchase cost, equivalent to double the cost in the US!!

Paul

Quick Reply: My truck earned some money today...