3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Cooper Zeon LTZ or Toyo Open Country AT

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2011, 08:03 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u drive like a grandpa lol and i dont offroad. going with performance tires now....

Old 01-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Slava
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
and hence, it is almost impossible to figure out what damn tire to buy if you've not had first hand experience with it yourself. Same tire, two different guys, exact polar opposite reviews, LOL.

To make matters worse, that tire has an excellent rating for both snow AND wet pavement, but like I stated earlier, if you do a search, you'll find probably half a dozen guys who own/owned the Zeon who agree with dave-o...

Happens EVERYTIME in a tire thread...
This could mean that not all LTZs are produced the same. Maybe different plants, maybe manufacturing process fails sometimes.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:07 PM
RedSoxCat

Any more opinions?

Old 01-30-2011, 04:51 PM
Boo Radley
Professional

i have the toyos, they were on my truck when i bought it and i have to say i'm a little disappointed in them. they are wearing a good bit faster than i think a tire in that price range should. they also don't clean themselfs off in mud very well, i know they are an all terrain tire but they should be a little better self cleaning i think.
a few of our customers have cooper ltz tires, they are ok. more of a highway tire for me, but nobody complains about them.
terra grapplers are going to be my next tire.

Old 01-31-2011, 10:41 AM
ram_bo06
Captain

I already posted my opinion on the zeon...I'm chiming in to tell you to do more shopping around. That is a very high quote for the zeon. Almost $200 more than I got mine w/ alignment, lifetime balance and what not. A lot of places "beat price's" Go to pepboys like I did grab a quote for buy3get1 and take it to one of those places. You need to get multiple quotes from different places. I paid $720 OTD but received quotes all the way up to $1100 for the same exact rubber.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:48 AM
KY BIGRAM
Veteran

Originally Posted by RedSoxCat
Any more opinions?
I had the Cooper LTZ's put on a couple months ago on my '04 and I'm very pleased. I'm also in the Lex area and they have performed wonderful with our crazy weather. Prices will vary. I bought a set from treaddepot for $720 shipped to me, happened to be the wrong size and didn't use and they wouldn't help me at all. The next week the price went up $25 per tire. Finally got rid if them, next day paid $920 mount, balance and allignment just because I needed them.

If you want to take a look shoot me a message, I'm in the Hamburg area 2 or 3 days a week. I think they ride really good and grip awesome, just hope they last a while.

Last edited by KY BIGRAM; 03-06-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:00 AM
Lisky

I have the Hankooks Dynapro ATM RF10. They have been great so far, in the snow on the road etc.

Quick Reply: Cooper Zeon LTZ or Toyo Open Country AT