3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

OTIS to EVIC for 07 RAM

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 12:40 PM
JoshuaAckley
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chucksport
I've searched around on ebay quite a bit and all the 06 Laramie rams for sale that show the console seem to have the Otis with homelink. Maybe your brother-in-law got one of the last 06 models and it has the capability? Does he have "tap to pass" tap the blinker and it will flash 3 times which is enough for a lane change. They started it in 07. New vehicle model years are usually started in June or July of the previous year, so the 07 trucks probably started around June of 06. With that being said, mopar overstock has production dates on these consoles which date back to 6/19/06. I'd love to be able to have the evic if it's possible, so any last bit of hope is appreciated. Let me know what you find out JoshuaAckley!
I've not given up my dream of having an EVIC! Id much rather pay for the EVIC than pay the dealer to change those options for me. My brother in law is actually supposed to be coming over here in a couple of hours to watch the super bowl with us, so I will be doing my very best to take his console down, take a picture of the part number, and plug it in to my truck to see what happens.

Anyway. No, he does not have the tap to pass blinkers, it is not a Laramie. His looks exactly like mine, only he has a 2500 CTD and I have a 1500 Hemi 5.7. Interior looks exactly the same as well. He also has a stock stereo, where I have aftermarket. I've got to find the correct harness for my truck because the harness that is there doesn't have the adapter for it to work with the can bus for power.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:48 PM
chucksport

My fingers are crossed! I have an 06 ctd mega cab slt. And for your radio, when I installed mine, instead of buying the expensive can bus harness, you can use the basic dodge/Chrysler harness and get your ignition feed from the cig lighter plug. If you have the infinity system in there, that's another can of worms...

Old 02-02-2014, 01:52 PM
JoshuaAckley
Professional

Well. Keep your fingers crossed. However, I did speak in more confidence than necessary. My brother in law has a 2007 CTD. so, I do NOT know for a fact that the 2006 had the EVIC. Not so sure now it'd be worth it to take it down and try it. Debating it.

As for the harness, the one I've got installed right now does just that, uses the cigarette lighter ignition feed. However, there's an after market harness from Metra that you don't have to tap into that ignition feed, and also keeps the retained accessory power properly. It converts the data signals from the can bus to give it power and keep it on after the truck is turned off.

Does your truck have the accessory delay turned on? If so, does your after market stereo still stay on?

Old 02-02-2014, 08:25 PM
chucksport

I think the 06 evic is a lost cause. Your brother-in-law was our only hope! Haha. I wouldn't waste your time pulling it down, I'm guessing it's part # 56046107AC.

As for the radio, I tapped into the left cig plug and I have power with the key off until the door is opened. The right plug does the same thing, but that one is also switchable from constant to ignition power by moving fuse 38 in your fusebox. I'm not sure why yours wouldn't be doing the same, but I think the xsvi harness from metra would be a waste of time and money if you only want retained accessory power. You could set up a couple relays off your dome light or door trigger to make your own, but I don't want to hijack this thread anymore getting into that. Pm me if your interested in some instructions or a quick google search will probably get you what you need also.

Old 02-05-2014, 12:00 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

There was an old EVIC version for the serial bus systems up until '05 ('06 for 2500+ and MegaCab). 2006 RAM 1500 (non MegaCab) are verified as NOT being compatible with either the old EVICs or CANBUS EVICs. Sorry guys. Something was different in the CANBUS and BCM of the '06 RAM than was in the Durango and Aspen. I don't think it has ever been tested on here, but it may be that something has to be changed by the STARSCAN tool before it will work, in much the same way you can't just add foglights to some of the CANBUS RAMs without visiting a dealer. That's completely theoretical though.

Quick Reply: OTIS to EVIC for 07 RAM