3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Probably the stupidest question ever asked on here

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

twitchy,
You aint ****tin dude. I wasn't at all thrilled with what I had to do.. but it was either that, go get a can of fix a flat, or call and get the truck towed... two things that night taught me.. One keep a good breaker bar with socket on it in the truck because that tire iron in the jack kit sucks.. and two bring a rubber mallet to keep in the truck to help with getting the tire off.

Old 03-04-2011, 12:28 PM
02dodgeram5.9
Professional

Thought about putting some never seize on some of the areas that had the problems of the tire sticking. Any thoughts on doin that? Guy told me that and said that ever since he did that, he hasnt had a problem getting his tires off

Old 03-04-2011, 10:32 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 02dodgeram5.9
Thought about putting some never seize on some of the areas that had the problems of the tire sticking. Any thoughts on doin that? Guy told me that and said that ever since he did that, he hasnt had a problem getting his tires off

Never put anything back on your truck without coating it with anti-seize. Nuts/bolts, wheels, hub bearings... even rease hitches (if typically left in for a long time). Anti-seize is a your best friend.

Old 03-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Matt99
Champion

yea antiseize or a dab of grease will help with it

my gfs volvo does this and its 10x as hard as my truck. I gave up on hers and ended up hooking a comalong up to it and pulling it off. it is ridiculous and I learned the grease trick

Quick Reply: Probably the stupidest question ever asked on here