3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

First and Last Dodge truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 03:23 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Ok, we get it. There's nothing wrong with posting your issues with the truck. In fact, that's what probably 75% of this forum is constituted of. However, you've transitioned from "informing" to "harping", and bordering on all out whining to be heard. You listed your issues, and it's good you did. You are 100% correct that potential buyers need to see this stuff. It's all part of good research material when looking for a new vehicle. Others, including probably one of the most Ram-knowledgeable people on this site, have actually agreed with you that there are inherent problems with certain aspects and certain model years of this truck. Yet, you still seem to need to have the last word about how YOUR truck has problems.

Is this my brother? Matt, is that you...?

I'm sorry to hear it does. I've got an '05 that luckily has had very few issues, and I'm happy with it. However, I had a VW Jetta in '04 which didn't even last me a year because of all the recurring issues it had. I feel your pain. Traded it in on the Ram, and couldn't be happier. I guess that's the reverse of your situation, but, so it goes. Hopefully this will be your story with your next vehicle. Instead of blowing a gasket (as I've been accused of doing, recently), try throwing your latest issue with the truck up here on the board and ask, "Hey, has anyone else had XXXXXXXX problems with their 'XX Dodge? Is this a common problem I should be worried about?" You will probably get a much better reception and given more credence than if you just post, "BEWARE! THIS TRUCK SUCKS! MOVE ALONG!". Just sayin'...

I understand this truck is your livelihood. I respect that and empathize. But, it's out there, now. Four page threads usually attract attention, if for nothing more than rubbernecking purposes. People are going to see it. Your mission is accomplished. Now, this thread is several months old. Do you still own the truck, or did you trade it for something that will hopefully be more reliable yet? Just curious.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:27 AM
Boo Radley
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used to see this guy when i was working at the chrysler dealership who had a 2006 ram. the guy bought it new and was in at least two or three times a month with all kinda of problems a couple real but most were just total bs. i mean if this guy had 1500 pounds of cement bags loaded in his bed and a bushing creaked he'd be in the next day complaining about his rear springs, if he went over a bump and felt it then his shocks were bad. never saw him come in for any maintenance though and this wasnt the guy who would do it himself. truck was totally neglected for maintenance.
this guy would go out of his way to complain about how bad his truck was to anyone who would walk by tech, managers, other customers and he always told everybody how great his last truck was and how he never had to have any work done to it.
maybe the last two years at the chrysler dealer i aint seen the guy nomore. after chrysler shut my dealer down when they restructred so now i'm at a ford dealer and guess who is there about twice a month with is 2010 ford f150? i have to bite my tung every time this guy comes in because he aint recognize me yet and all he keeps saying is how great his last truck was and how big a piece of crap this ford is.
my boss calls this guy a ten percenter meaning that ten percent of the people you cant please no matter what you do. the op here i think is a ten percenter.

btw i get to look at seven ford trucks in the lot behind where i work every day. they are 2009, 2010 and a couple 2011 models that have failed 6r80 transmissions. so many have failed we are being told that we are getting alocated two every six weeks. got a lot of happy customers out there who are paying for rentals for a couple of months. you dont think the 6r80 is having major problems then go you to some ford forums or goodle it. at least your dodge aint put you in a rental for months, but yeah op, dodge sucks.

Last edited by Boo Radley; 12-08-2011 at 02:56 AM.

Quick Reply: First and Last Dodge truck