3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Blown hemi engine @ 29800 miles

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 02:21 AM
bandroidx
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow sucks man, my mom brought her brand new car back to the dealer to get the first free oil change and they forgot to oil back in, siezed up down the road lol, she got a new car tho.

the key is when u got the oil changed last, was it right before you parked it? if so they could be to blame. could it not have leaked when sitting?

Old 08-21-2011, 02:33 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Even with low to no oil it should have been knocking long before it died.......and the oil light never came on?????

Old 08-21-2011, 09:10 PM
bandroidx
Rookie

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Even with low to no oil it should have been knocking long before it died.......and the oil light never came on?????
I always assumed the oil pressure would be very low if it was more than 2qts under too?

Old 08-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Shoeman

Working on it

Old 08-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Shoeman

Originally Posted by weedahoe

Truck started and ran fine, never heard a nosie, never seen any oil light.
The only light was CHECK GAGES and when i noticed i looked down and notice that they was no oil pressure and then boom at 65-70 mph

Old 08-22-2011, 10:53 AM
Shoeman

Thanks for the info. I am not bashing anyone, just want to know if they are more people out there with similar problem. I love my truck and the HEMI engine, i just wish the they would cover it under the power train warranty. I will get it fixed one way or another.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:38 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Shoeman
Thanks for the info. I am not bashing anyone, just want to know if they are more people out there with similar problem. I love my truck and the HEMI engine, i just wish the they would cover it under the power train warranty. I will get it fixed one way or another.

It's a shame it happened. I for one didn't take it as bashing and understand fully. As I said in my first post in the thread, you almost never hear of the issue. I personally know a couple of people with well over 200k miles on their Hemi engines outside of the forum and a few on here as well.

It'd just be nice to know where all your oil went.

No oil in the crank and no visible signs of where it went though is gonna give the dealer clear license to claim neglect, whether it was or not.
I'd still fight the hell out of it if I were you and would go to battle with receipts from oil/filter purchases or oil change jobs you may have paid to have done...

Old 08-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Shoeman

Well today, it seams the oil filter is the cause because it rotted out on the bottom edge and leak out all the oil. Still not covered under power train warranty.

Old 08-22-2011, 10:33 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoops. How did you not notice the puddle of oil under it?

Old 08-22-2011, 11:14 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

more importantly, how long was the oil filter on there for rust to eat THROUGH it? You would have to put acid on it to eat through the skin on the filter as it would take a long time for rust to eat through it

Quick Reply: Blown hemi engine @ 29800 miles