3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Need help with lift kits

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 09:20 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 08HEMI1500
As hammer will chime in on. Be careful about how high you go with a leveling kit. Don't go over 2" or you risk possible CV failure in the future

Nah, Hammer ain't gonna chime in about CV failure on a 2WD truck. Ain't never seen a CV fail on one of them yet. Matter of fact, would be BIG news if'n it did...

Originally Posted by Zach619
Hi everyone,
I am currently in Afghanistan and was thinking I would like to lift my 2003 Ram 4 door 4.7L truck when I get home. I know absolutely nothing about the products or the process though. First of all is this something I should attempt on my own or have a shop do? Next I was thinking of a 2-3" lift, with that what exactly would I need to purchase (shocks, some type of lift kit, bigger tires) is that it. What is a "general" ball park figure to do something like this? I live in NW Montana and would take my truck off road a little and drive in lots and lots of snow. Forgive all the questions this is my first go at something like this. Any help or advice would be greatly appriciated. Also will this put extra strain on the engine/tranny/4 wheel drive system? Sorry if this post is in the wrong spot as it looks like a reply to the gentelmen at the tops question, I could not figure out how to ask my own, some help on that would be great also. Thanks in advance.

Zach

Zach,

START HERE - LIFTING A TRUCK (101)

Last edited by HammerZ71; 10-23-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Need help with lift kits