3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

looking at a 2008

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 03:42 PM
MoparPaul
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, when the 4th generations came out I said they looked kinda wimpy;
but over time they kinda grow on ya.
The Power Rams are nice though.

Nothin is as ugly as a yoda tundra.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:27 AM
bremsstrahlung
Amateur

I just bought an '08 QC 4x4 Hemi with the Sport Package and navigation with 33k on it for $19,980 about three weeks ago. Traded in the wife's '04 Jeep Liberty, added the bumper to bumper warranty to 80K miles, taxes, fees and various BS and ended up driving away for $17,002.

As far as the '09 vs. '08 trucks, I can speak on it because I have owned both. I had a '09 Crew Cab Big Horn 4x4 that I paid around $38,000 for. Loved it. But between gas and payments the thing was costing me over $1000 a month. Loved the truck, but decided I love money more. So I dumped it for an '03 Durango that I gave to the wife, took her Liberty for a trade, and bought the '08 Ram for myself.

There is no doubt that the '09 is much, MUCH more refined. It's quieter, smoother and has an interior that is nicer to be in with much better materials. The plastics are of better quality and are designed in a more interesting way, as opposed to the '08's endless grey on grey on grey on grey everywhere.

However, with all that being said, as someone posted earlier.. in the end, the '08 is more -- truck-like if you understand. The '09 always felt like a giant car to me. ( the front end was designed after Dodge Charger, no doubt ) I'm happy with the '08 because it feels like a pickup truck to me... it's more... I dunno, more redneck, cowboy, cattle ranch, South Carolina, country music, flag-waving good old boy, Garth Brooks, whatever. But I like it. I feel like it needs to be lifted and be made obnoxious to everyone else who hugs trees and feels guilty about their carbon footprint. F**k 'em.. just like old John Wayne would. Never felt that in the '09.

IMHO, of course.

Last edited by bremsstrahlung; 01-26-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

Originally Posted by bremsstrahlung
I just bought an '08 QC 4x4 Hemi with the Sport Package and navigation with 33k on it for $19,980 about three weeks ago. Traded in the wife's '04 Jeep Liberty, added the bumper to bumper warranty to 80K miles, taxes, fees and various BS and ended up driving away for $17,002.

As far as the '09 vs. '08 trucks, I can speak on it because I have owned both. I had a '09 Crew Cab Big Horn 4x4 that I paid around $38,000 for. Loved it. But between gas and payments the thing was costing me over $1000 a month. Loved the truck, but decided I love money more. So I dumped it for an '03 Durango that I gave to the wife, took her Liberty for a trade, and bought the '08 Ram for myself.

There is no doubt that the '09 is much, MUCH more refined. It's quieter, smoother and has an interior that is nicer to be in with much better materials. The plastics are of better quality and are designed in a more interesting way, as opposed to the '08's endless grey on grey on grey on grey everywhere.

However, with all that being said, as someone posted earlier.. in the end, the '08 is more -- truck-like if you understand. The '09 always felt like a giant car to me. ( the front end was designed after Dodge Charger, no doubt ) I'm happy with the '08 because it feels like a pickup truck to me... it's more... I dunno, more redneck, cowboy, cattle ranch, South Carolina, country music, flag-waving good old boy, Garth Brooks, whatever. But I like it. I feel like it needs to be lifted and be made obnoxious to everyone else who hugs trees and feels guilty about their carbon footprint. F**k 'em.. just like old John Wayne would. Never felt that in the '09.

IMHO, of course.
I like the way you think o.ob

Quick Reply: looking at a 2008