3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

NJ

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slakker25rs
That is a 50$ fine. You are not a professional
I have NY plates, therefor I AM a professional!

Old 03-23-2012, 07:29 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Yeah, I grew up in upstate NY and when I say I'm from there everyone pictures NYC. Hell, I grew up on a farm in the upper Hudson Valley.
All through college and even after joining the Air Force, when someone asked where I was from and I replied "New York", the reply was always the same. "New York City??"

Hell no, I lived in NY for the first 26yrs of my life and never even went to the city till I lived in NJ. What part of NY are you from Hammer? I grew up west of Watertown, live in St Johnsville now (bout 30min East of Utica), and work in Watervliet (bout 10min North of Albany).

Old 03-23-2012, 07:40 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mega-Hemi
All through college and even after joining the Air Force, when someone asked where I was from and I replied "New York", the reply was always the same. "New York City??"

Hell no, I lived in NY for the first 26yrs of my life and never even went to the city till I lived in NJ. What part of NY are you from Hammer? I grew up west of Watertown, live in St Johnsville now (bout 30min East of Utica), and work in Watervliet (bout 10min North of Albany).
A bit downstate from you, I deer hunted as a kid right where Orange County Choppers built that huge building of theirs, LOL. Lot of hunting and fishing in Ulster & Sullivan counties as a yonker. Moved to Georgia at 25 and I've only been back three times in 20 years, once for my Grandmother's funeral and twice to play in a golf tournament. I miss some of my friends but the state itself, they can have it...

Old 03-24-2012, 01:47 AM
slakker25rs
Professional

Originally Posted by Mega-Hemi
I have NY plates, therefor I AM a professional!
Well, I dont know. A pro Ny resident, but not a gas pumper. haha

I have spent alot of time in upsate NY and I have only once been to NYC. I do not belive the hype. I am from PA and if everyone thought I was from philly, id be pissed. Philly made Pa democratic for the election due to the fact that it outweighs most of PA in electoral votes, even though PA is republican by nature ( I will not say out loud why).

Anyways, I have spent 6 months at a time in Upstate NY (55 mph speed limits suck and they look for cell phone useage while driving), NJ, MA, CT, MD, VA, WV, Oh, NC, and SC. I have spent less time in De, NH, and RI. I enjoy upstate NY as it looks alot like PA (except Philly and pittsburgh) even thought pittsburgh comes by it naturally in the blue collar world.

The only states I hate are NJ and MI. NJ becaue they think they are Ny'ers, but with more attitude and much less deserving of the title. MI, because they will rob, cheat, and steal for a buck and still blame being depressed from over 50 years ago (everybody).

My favorites are PA, Upstate NY, and TN. The culture is near the same and is filled with hard working people. The landscape is beautifull and the sacrifice isnt monumental to live there. All (3) areas (more than 100 miles outside the major cities, except for TN) have lower taxes and better quality of life. This is in my opinion of course.

I am in OKC, OK right now and it has its pluses and its minuses. PLus is that it is flat and weather is good(as far is temp and sun), but It is also windy (40+ Mph everyday), looks trashy (the wind blows all trash into rivers, lakes, and every fence known to man), and the people are depressed/lazy.

So I understand atleast. All I do is travel, Ill bet I have been within 250 miles of your house (Ill prove it, if you tell me you zip code or city). I bought my ambulance up there (which i converted into a camper) and that is a whole other story of excellence.

NY is a good thing and I like it. NJ isnt and I do not

Last edited by slakker25rs; 03-24-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Dead2Fall
Captain

Try Sussex county nj, its farm country... Not like the rest of the craphole state.

Old 03-24-2012, 02:26 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by slakker25rs
Well, I dont know. A pro Ny resident, but not a gas pumper. haha

I have spent alot of time in upsate NY and I have only once been to NYC. I do not belive the hype. I am from PA and if everyone thought I was from philly, id be pissed. Philly made Pa democratic for the election due to the fact that it outweighs most of PA in electoral votes, even though PA is republican by nature ( I will not say out loud why).

Anyways, I have spent 6 months at a time in Upstate NY (55 mph speed limits suck and they look for cell phone useage while driving), NJ, MA, CT, MD, VA, WV, Oh, NC, and SC. I have spent less time in De, NH, and RI. I enjoy upstate NY as it looks alot like PA (except Philly and pittsburgh) even thought pittsburgh comes by it naturally in the blue collar world.

The only states I hate are NJ and MI. NJ becaue they think they are Ny'ers, but with more attitude and much less deserving of the title. MI, because they will rob, cheat, and steal for a buck and still blame being depressed from over 50 years ago (everybody).

NY is a good thing and I like it. NJ isnt and I do not
People from that corner of NJ think they're NYers or want to be. Nobody from my end has ever wanted to be (keep your title). I lived on Long Island for 2 years (not by choice) and flat out hated it. Now you get people out towards Camden County they think they're part of Philly (and they may as well be). You can hate NJ all you want, but don't lump all of us (crappy parts NE NJ and Camden area and good parts way south, SW where the farms are and up by DE water gap) together just because we're from the same damn state.

...And I think we've gotten way off topic.

Last edited by HemiLonestar; 03-24-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 04:09 PM
slakker25rs
Professional

I agree sorry for the classification

Topic, hmmm, where were we.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:09 PM
Dead2Fall
Captain

Still running the poison (87 octane) the douche put in my tank
I'm up by the Del Water Gap. Love it here.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:30 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dead2Fall
Still running the poison (87 octane) the douche put in my tank
I'm up by the Del Water Gap. Love it here.
Pretty country up there, just a PITA to get there via 206. Have you at least made it to half a tank?