3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Bad SummitRacing Bad...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 05:36 PM
Ellis42
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad SummitRacing Bad...

Fool me once, Shame on me
Fool me twice, Shame on you

So heres my story, i ordered all around 4 skyjacker shocks(i spoke to a rep on phone to make sure i ordered right parts), when i recieved my order i went to put the fronts on and they were way to big, ended up they were for a 3-5 inch lift which i dont have and i clearly stated that to them, so i went ahead and put rears on and they fit perfect, so i sent the fronts in to be exchanged for right size(once again i spoke to a rep and got part number and also had him set up exchange so i didnt have to do anything) i recieved my part today and i went to put them on and guess what AGAIN wrong size but this time they were way to short, so i call summitracing tech support and had by far the worst rep there, he ignored me when i told him multiple times i believe as a paying customer that was wronged twice i deserve a credit or gift card or something but he just went on to tell me guess what Skyjacker doesnt make a stock size shock for my truck so i then asked how two other reps told me different and once again i was ignored and the guy went on to try to get me to order different front shocks and i agreed to that only after they would have to do something to make my delay worth it and then he got an attitude with me so i asked to speak to his boss and he refused multiple times so finally he switchs me over so im thinking im goin to speak to someone in charge and all i get is a sales rep telling me i owe a $75 difference for the different shocks and i told that lady same as last guy and she also refused to make the delay right by me and i argued with her for about 10 mins finally they switch me to a supervisor (i had to wait for almost 30mins to speak with him, i had enough time to put old shock back on and clean up all tools in my shop and made it half way home before he got on phone) i then argued with him about making it right by me and for wasting my time he in turn wanted me to just buy the fronts and pay difference and i said nope i want all 4 the same so finally i told him either he gives me a deal or ill send all 4 back and buy from different company and he agreed to upgrade all 4 to KYB Just-A-Shock for only $30 more for all 4 so i got a small discount which made me feel a little better about situation

all in all the customer reps are about as smart as a middle schooler, i mean the computer does there job they just type in information and either tell you part # or order part for you

needless to say SummitRacing im probly never will be ordering from you again and i had an order i was going to order this Friday which included $200 worth of parts

i know this is long but i needed to vent and also inform fellow Dodge owners to beware of SummitRacing and their Reps.

Thanks

Old 05-01-2012, 06:21 PM
NV290
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have used Summit Racing for almost 20 years now ordering everything from gaskets all the way up to engine blocks and *******ly everything in between. I have placed 4 orders with them in the past few months alone. Never had a single issue, ever. When i order before noon, the parts usually ship the same day and i have them in 2-3 days tops.

Sorry for your bad expierience, but take into account how many orders they do per day and how few complaints about them you see online and it's pretty clear that it sounds like you just had some bad luck. Your incident is certainly not the norm and not what every person who orders from them should expect.

And on the subject of ordering parts online/over the phone from dealers, here is what i do.

Do your own research FIRST. Go to the MANUFACTURERS website and contact them directly if their is any question about what parts will or will not fit your truck. Unless it's a universal part that i have no real questions about, i will always do all my part number research first, then order from a dealer with great prices, like Summit.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Ellis42
Veteran

Originally Posted by NV290
I have used Summit Racing for almost 20 years now ordering everything from gaskets all the way up to engine blocks and *******ly everything in between. I have placed 4 orders with them in the past few months alone. Never had a single issue, ever. When i order before noon, the parts usually ship the same day and i have them in 2-3 days tops.

Sorry for your bad expierience, but take into account how many orders they do per day and how few complaints about them you see online and it's pretty clear that it sounds like you just had some bad luck. Your incident is certainly not the norm and not what every person who orders from them should expect.

And on the subject of ordering parts online/over the phone from dealers, here is what i do.

Do your own research FIRST. Go to the MANUFACTURERS website and contact them directly if their is any question about what parts will or will not fit your truck. Unless it's a universal part that i have no real questions about, i will always do all my part number research first, then order from a dealer with great prices, like Summit.
I fully agree I have ordered before and never had a problem but it only takes one time to make things different all I asked was for them to make it right by me I mean a simple discount on next order would have been more than enough but attitude of all 3 people I spoke with showed me the quality of there custom support and how they sent me 2 different parts wrong then tells me the maker doesn't make a part for my vehicle shows lack of knowledge either on computer or just the person in general, and them being a company with a good rep I would figure they know parts and that u should have to look myself as that's why I called, either way everyone one has an opinion and that's alright I just wanted other to be warned and know possible results or outcome

Old 05-01-2012, 10:34 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry you had a bad experience with them. That sucks and puts a damper on your mod.

I've ordered from Jegs and Summit both and never had a problem with either. Had a clutch problem with Summit and they overnighted me another before getting the first one back. I installed a clutch one time and they sent me a replacement before i even took the first one out!
jegs retured a couple orders over $1k before.
on..on..on
They are both 2day ship and you can porder late. they are reliable and i like them.

and I think you have your 'saying' backwards??

Old 05-01-2012, 10:48 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

A buddy of mine ordered a lift kit plus two new torsion bars for his Z71 from Summit about six or seven years ago. I was there when he placed the order and I heard him clearly state the make, model and year of his truck.

Lift kit came in for a 3/4 ton and the torsion bars were wrong too as the length wasn't right and they were too big for the key hole. He called them back and they'd take the sh*t back BUT they demanded he pay the return freight ON A 300 LB. ORDER!
He argued that there was NO WAY he should have to pay ANY freight over the initial order when it was clearly their fault, but the idiot on the other line refused to only do what was right. I then got on the phone with a supervisor who's excuse was they'd be losing money because then they'd have to pay for the correct order's shipment. Try as I might, I could not convince this A$$HOLE that NO WAY should the customer have to pay an extra $78 shipping because of their mistake.

He ended up disputing the credit card bill and the credit card company took the charge off. As of the last time I was up in Georgia (this past November), the lift kit was sitting in the box still with the two torsion bars in a back corner in my buddy's barn.

Don't feel bad, Ellis, I don't buy from Summit either...

Old 05-01-2012, 11:23 PM
Ellis42
Veteran

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Sorry you had a bad experience with them. That sucks and puts a damper on your mod.

I've ordered from Jegs and Summit both and never had a problem with either. Had a clutch problem with Summit and they overnighted me another before getting the first one back. I installed a clutch one time and they sent me a replacement before i even took the first one out!
jegs retured a couple orders over $1k before.
on..on..on
They are both 2day ship and you can porder late. they are reliable and i like them.

and I think you have your 'saying' backwards??
What saying is backwards?

Old 05-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Ellis42
Veteran

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
A buddy of mine ordered a lift kit plus two new torsion bars for his Z71 from Summit about six or seven years ago. I was there when he placed the order and I heard him clearly state the make, model and year of his truck.

Lift kit came in for a 3/4 ton and the torsion bars were wrong too as the length wasn't right and they were too big for the key hole. He called them back and they'd take the sh*t back BUT they demanded he pay the return freight ON A 300 LB. ORDER!
He argued that there was NO WAY he should have to pay ANY freight over the initial order when it was clearly their fault, but the idiot on the other line refused to only do what was right. I then got on the phone with a supervisor who's excuse was they'd be losing money because then they'd have to pay for the correct order's shipment. Try as I might, I could not convince this A$$HOLE that NO WAY should the customer have to pay an extra $78 shipping because of their mistake.

He ended up disputing the credit card bill and the credit card company took the charge off. As of the last time I was up in Georgia (this past November), the lift kit was sitting in the box still with the two torsion bars in a back corner in my buddy's barn.

Don't feel bad, Ellis, I don't buy from Summit either...

Ya I argued with them for a long time an told him either we make it right or else I'll send all for back to them and go somewhere else and buy and also mention this forum to them which the supervisor knew of this forum anyway I told him I would post a thread just talking down on them (summitracing) and I would also mention the supervisors name in it and that seemed to bother him, why I'm not sure but then that's when he offered me the discount on the KYB shocks so I took it because I have heard good things about them shocks....

And as for your buddy I would be beyond pissed off, I would have just called and called and called til I got someone that would fix the problem, but didn't he get a return label with his order? Mine came with a prepaided return shipping label with my package, but if his didn't then that's a bunch of bullsh!t and they should be held accountable for THEIR mistake/just plain dumba$$ that work there

It's sad when I feel more comfortable order auto parts from Amaon than a company that specializes in auto parts and has a big reputation

Old 05-02-2012, 01:39 AM
truckin151
Grand Champion

99% of my orders come from summitracing. Love them! Always a quick turn around from order to my door, most of the time with free shipping. Never felt with them over the phone though, however never had a reason to. Online order, looked up part numbers on different sites so there is no question on what I'm ordering.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:08 AM
Ellis42
Veteran

Originally Posted by truckin151
99% of my orders come from summitracing. Love them! Always a quick turn around from order to my door, most of the time with free shipping. Never felt with them over the phone though, however never had a reason to. Online order, looked up part numbers on different sites so there is no question on what I'm ordering.
Like I said I have ordered from them before and everything went fine but it only takes one time to mess up and lose a customer

Old 05-02-2012, 07:56 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ellis42
What saying is backwards?
Fool me once, Shame on me
Fool me twice, Shame on you

should be;

Fool me once, Shame on You
Fool me twice, Shame on Me

Because, the first time, they should feel ashamed for fooling you, the 2nd time you should feel ashamed for falling for it again.
It's all good though! I knew exactly what you meant.

Quick Reply: Bad SummitRacing Bad...