3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Brakemotive kit vs Powerstop kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 11:20 AM
FlyGuy641
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakemotive kit vs Powerstop kit

So I see a lot of positive reviews regarding the Brakemotive pad and rotor kit and see they are made by Powerstop. My question relates to the warranty. The Powerstop kit includes a 3yr/36k warranty but Brakemotive is only 120 days? Why the difference if they are supposedly the same rotors and pads? Are they actually any different, such as manufacturing process or quality? Thanks!

Old 09-05-2012, 01:14 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

"These are high quality, center cast G3000 iron rotors which are a perfect replacement for those of you who want to improve your braking performance without braking the bank. Kinetic Rotors are manufactured for us by POWERSTOP LLC to exacting standards in only ISO9000 Certified Foundries. All rotors feature a brilliant silver zinc dichromate finish to resist corrosion. All rotors are covered against cracking for one year from the purchase date when used with the Powerstop Ceramic pads featured in our kits."

I'm sure that anything you buy from either is of the same quality.

You can have 5 companies who buy from one supplier(Foundry) and they'll all have different warranties. Brakemotive is a wholesale priced package so they offer a shorter warranty. Doesn't make the product any less effective unless they are saving on metals, but I doubt it.
Even if that be the case. I've had 4 cars with them. Great product, Great price!

Old 09-05-2012, 01:53 PM
FlyGuy641

Thanks for your reply. Looks like the kit is the way to go based on all the positive reviews I've found from multiple forums for Dodge and other manufacturers. Even though cross drilled and slotted with ceramic pads is probably more than what I actually need, you really can't beat the price.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

where do you even buy brakemotive rotors from for Dodge Rams?

Old 09-05-2012, 03:48 PM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, i found the rotors on ebay but not any pads that went with them, or any sort of pad-rotor combo kit. I'd like to know where to get it too, ill be doing my brakes soon I think.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:45 PM
FlyGuy641

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-P...0be074&vxp=mtr

Plus they are a vendor in the forum and have a bunch of posts with pricing.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:20 PM
Buggsy
Professional

Wow, if these are as good as advertised, that's an amazing price. It's only about $30 more than an OE equivalent change. I've been saving up to change out to ceramics.

Old 09-06-2012, 06:32 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Fellas, BrakeMotive is one of our Sponsors. They are selling in the Vendor Scection. Here is their Thread https://dodgeforum.com/forum/vendor-...ices-ever.html

They sell all 4 rotors with ceramic pads as a package deal.

Quick Reply: Brakemotive kit vs Powerstop kit