3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Shorty vs LT Headers

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 11:48 AM
GatorGuy75
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Man with a hemi
As long as you leave the cats in the stock location, shorties will bolt right up to your exhaust system, with no modifications, at least my BBK shorties did
yeah, thats what i am wanting to do. Since its an 03 i still have to pass emissions so im wanting to leave the cats and bolt in the shotry headers. Thank you for clearing that up! Thats what i want is just a "bolt in" type application

Old 02-02-2013, 11:22 PM
UTOT

Originally Posted by Old Man with a hemi
You could do as I did and do away with the y pipe altogether. Get the muffler shop to come straight from the cats, with two 2.5 inch pipes to the muffler location then use a dual in dual out muffler and dual tailpipes. Works great and no h or x pipe is needed. I did have a x pipe muffler at one time, but see no change since I replaced it with a regular dido muffler
I have a 07 with 5.7l Hemi I'm looking at getting a set of shorty's back to hiflow cats. But from that point I want to come off each header with a single pipe and cherry bomb on both pipe and dump out in front of the rear tire. trying to get the straight pipe sound and look while dealing with emissions. Do i really need a dido muffler or with that set up work?

Old 02-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

Originally Posted by UTOT
I have a 07 with 5.7l Hemi I'm looking at getting a set of shorty's back to hiflow cats. But from that point I want to come off each header with a single pipe and cherry bomb on both pipe and dump out in front of the rear tire. trying to get the straight pipe sound and look while dealing with emissions. Do i really need a dido muffler or with that set up work?
If you want to dump out one side I know it will work that way. I'm not sure about dumping out both sides since the gas tank comes in to play on the drivers side. But you could indeed use two glasspacks and dump out the passenger with no problems. Check it out with a muffler shop and see if there's enough clearance on the drivers side Good luck

Quick Reply: Shorty vs LT Headers