3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

CherryBomb vortex & hemi's with MDS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Carnage68
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pre-muffler resonator is still on, the rear one was removed due to the dual exhaust set up I went with. Originally had them both off, but I couldn't get used to the sound with both off, couldn't even hear the radio, had to crank it. When I had the pre-muffler resonator re-attached, the sound was perfect...Loud but not overpowering....

Old 12-30-2012, 10:34 AM
ilducecorvo88
Professional

Originally Posted by Carnage68
The pre-muffler resonator is still on, the rear one was removed due to the dual exhaust set up I went with. Originally had them both off, but I couldn't get used to the sound with both off, couldn't even hear the radio, had to crank it. When I had the pre-muffler resonator re-attached, the sound was perfect...Loud but not overpowering....
Great info, carnage, exactly the kind of info I'm looking for!

When you put the pre-muffler resonator back on would you still get the fluttering sound when the MDS kicked in or did you already have it disabled?

Old 12-30-2012, 03:16 PM
ilducecorvo88
Professional

Finally got a chance to crawl under the truck... I only have one resonator??? I thought the 07's had 2??? Now I'm wondering if I need to keep the resonator that's after the muffler... Opinions/suggestions/ideas??? Thanks!

Quick Reply: CherryBomb vortex & hemi's with MDS?