3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Whats your MPG?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 03:39 PM
hemi4109
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda19791
has anyone done the e-fan mod and if so what was your mpg gain?
If you search for e-fan you'll see quite a few treads but seems to be the concensus that for stop and go traffic, it might get you 1mpg or at least better throttle response until you get in the higher rpm where the clutch fan won't be as big of an issue/drain on the engine. I think HammerZ71 has a couple of nice posts on the subject if you can find them.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:58 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My e-fan has improved the off-the-line response. Most of my miles are on short to medium range trips. On the highway, of course, the fan is out of the picture. My fuelly badge is in my sig.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:07 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Wow why are you being a dick i just want to get the best mpg i can. So you can take that Prius comment and stick up your ***.
Real great way to make friends on here, bro.

Cool it.

2002 Ram 4.7, 14.5 mpg highway/city average at 45-75mph. Hmm....

Old 04-15-2013, 11:06 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker

Wow why are you being a dick i just want to get the best mpg i can. So you can take that Prius comment and stick up your ***.
Sorry, I didn't realize you were so sensitive about Toyotas. I am sure that most that read this thread will agree that I am the one being a dick here. You should spend more time and invest in some more posts before you start talking to people like that. Maybe you don't have time with all the driving around looking for that gas station that is .01 cheaper per gallon.

I was just trying to make a point. It wasn't a personal attack. So get your panties out of a wad and lighten up.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:30 AM
cuda19791
Rookie

Originally Posted by hemi4109
If you search for e-fan you'll see quite a few treads but seems to be the concensus that for stop and go traffic, it might get you 1mpg or at least better throttle response until you get in the higher rpm where the clutch fan won't be as big of an issue/drain on the engine. I think HammerZ71 has a couple of nice posts on the subject if you can find them.
Yeah I looked at some of the post on the e-fan and I think it would help me with my mpg I do have alot of stop and go driving.

Old 04-16-2013, 01:36 PM
Old man with a Hemi2
Veteran

He wasn't being a dick, it's just that this has been discussed a thousand times on here. What he was saying is that if you're looking for gas mileage, you shouldn't have bought a hemi ram. We see guys on here almost everyday testing this and that and never see worth the test results, by anyone, and had you searched this subject, all you're answers would have been answered, without coming on here and becoming a newbie *****

Old 04-16-2013, 02:31 PM
cuda19791
Rookie

Originally Posted by Old man with a Hemi2
He wasn't being a dick, it's just that this has been discussed a thousand times on here. What he was saying is that if you're looking for gas mileage, you shouldn't have bought a hemi ram. We see guys on here almost everyday testing this and that and never see worth the test results, by anyone, and had you searched this subject, all you're answers would have been answered, without coming on here and becoming a newbie *****
Ok I can understand that MPG is discused alot but you do not have to read every thread on it. I just wanted to ask some guys that have a ram like mine what mpg they were getting. I did not ask for some smart *** comment on how hemi,s are so bad on gas. Yes I know they are hard on gas but I bought it anyway because I think the Dodge Ram is the best truck out there. So if you are sick of the discussion on mpg don't read the thread. P.S. I maybe a newbe but I am not always a *****.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:13 PM
Old man with a Hemi2
Veteran

Ok I can understand that MPG is discused alot but you do not have to read every thread on it. I just wanted to ask some guys that have a ram like mine what mpg they were getting. I did not ask for some smart *** comment on how hemi,s are so bad on gas. Yes I know they are hard on gas but I bought it anyway because I think the Dodge Ram is the best truck out there. So if you are sick of the discussion on mpg don't read the thread. P.S. I maybe a newbe but I am not always a *****.

We all have Rams like yours, and probably all of us have had them longer than you, but like I said, had you searched the forum files, you could have had all your questions answered without starting another MPG thread. If you want to participate in the forum, use all its resources, and then we wont have to read another useless thread that's been discussed for years. I sure hope your not always a *****, because it wont help you in here

Old 04-17-2013, 04:38 PM
mbehr55
Amateur

I've got a 2005 Ram 2500 2wd and my combined city/hwy is running 15 plus (more hwy than city). Like you, I too am interested in real world examples of mpg and the successes and failures (documented not just speculated) of those who have experimented before me.

I am currently using a Diablo Sport Predator set for 87 Performance Tune. You can read all the dirty details at the thread entitled diablo-sport-predator-mpg-improvement.

Onward thru the fog..........

Old 04-17-2013, 05:12 PM
Jigabop
Champion

my ride gets 15 average hand calculated...the overhead lie-o-meter is NEVER accurate on my truck lol...it thinks I get 20+mpg

I use the in-dash GPS odometer for getting accurate mileage due to oversized tires...

so with 35's, a moderately modified truck, and worthless 4.10 gears, its 15mpg...

if I had 3.55's I could probably pull off 19-20mpg average. stupid 4.10s!