3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Whats your MPG?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 04:34 PM
Old man with a Hemi2
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cuda19791
Ok the guy in charge should make a place in this forum were new members can go and talk about all of the FAQs that would solve the problem i think.

RIGHT, and he can have cake and cookies for you at the same time. Any problem you can think of can be searched and probably found, but you have to search first, then if you cant find an answer, start a thread. Like 08 said, you just tie up space when making a thread that has already been discussed, numerous times

Old 04-18-2013, 06:00 PM
04HemiGreg
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it time for "who is the real dick here?" poll yet?

I don't even have a big problem with the redundant question because I usually give newbies a pass on that and, lets face it, as our trucks get older, the traffic here is not that crowded. But you come in and start calling long time members names and then proceed to tell the Admins how to run the site, you got a lot of nerve and need to learn some respect. Keep in mind, those same admins can kick your **** to the curb with the click of a mouse.

Old 04-19-2013, 02:01 AM
cuda19791
Rookie

Originally Posted by 04HemiGreg
Is it time for "who is the real dick here?" poll yet?

I don't even have a big problem with the redundant question because I usually give newbies a pass on that and, lets face it, as our trucks get older, the traffic here is not that crowded. But you come in and start calling long time members names and then proceed to tell the Admins how to run the site, you got a lot of nerve and need to learn some respect. Keep in mind, those same admins can kick your **** to the curb with the click of a mouse.
I think you are right about the traffic not being crowded. As for me saying what I said about you when you say things like ( If I'm getting so hard up for gas money that I am trying to squeeze out an extra MPG, it's time to go buy the Prius and park the Ram) and (you can't turn a ram into a prius) that is being a smart ***. Maybe I should not have called you a dick but maybe you should try to watch what you say to people. As for telling the Admins how to run this site. What I said was me thinking out loud that the guy in charge around here should make a place for new members to talk about FAQs. that is NOT telling them how to run this site it was just a thought. And last but not least respect is earned not given.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:05 AM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

As for telling the Admins how to run this site. What I said was me thinking out loud that the guy in charge around here should make a place for new members to talk about FAQs. that is NOT telling them how to run this site it was just a thought. And last but not least respect is earned not given.
That's what the FAQ section is for... and the search function. FAQ's don't need further discussion (generally), just search for your answer. If you have a different spin then certainly post a thread, but its not necessary to have 2 faq sections.

Also, how do you think respect is earned in an online forum? Through having a consistent record of insightful comments for peoples problems and giving opinions on folks mods. So who do you think the rest of the members are going to side with, the guy whos has been doing that and therefore earned our respect, or the new guy who is being kind of a sensitive somethin-er-ether. Also, people really are generally pretty forgiving for new people asking the same questions, that keeps the forum going honestly, just try to understand our perspective a little bit more and don't get so offended so easily.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:09 AM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
ha, you try having a redline of 3200rpm and enough torque on the ground to explode a 1500's rear axle...literally...

4.10's are utterly useless on my truck unless I was turning 37" or larger tires or competing in sled pulls dragging a 40k lb sled that is trying to bury itself in the dirt...

I'm turning 35s and I want 3.55s lol

going 2000rpm @ 68mph is ridiculous. much rather have 70mph at 1500rpm. much better in my opinion! then maybe that first gear might be more useful than going 2mph... (I NEVER use first gear)

1500 at freeway speeds would do quite nicely. I would even settle for 1800rpm @ 70mph. but 2100 @ 70. ugh. may be a laugh for you V8's but keep in mind 3200rpm is redline for me! I'm over 1/2 my RPM band at 2100rpm.

as for the tires..turning 35's is effortless. I can easily light them up on dry pavement and at 70mph if i put the pedal down on wet pavement it breaks loose and can't hold traction to save its life.

oh shut it!

send me an extra $3500 and I'll get right on the swap!

besides I haven't done any new performance mods to my truck since 2010

well I did get a smarty programmer, but that doesn't count! I don't stack it, I used it to get though emissions which worked out quite nicely actually truck cant blow smoke out the tailpipe if it is essentially in limp mode (50% power mode)

recently The only mods to the truck have been fixing the worthless dodge steering with the 4th gen steering upgrade, 3rd gen style adjustable track bar, and a box brace. swear this engine is going to outlast the truck by 20 years

Ohhhh the problems of having 500+ hp and 1000+ tq... hahaha... trade ya.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:49 AM
broggyr
Professional

Tone is extremely difficult to determine in text because we have no vocal or facial cues. The Prius comment is only a smart-*** comment if you let it be; it's just an humorous comparison that gets the point across. Priuses (Prii?) are just a quick way of projecting the idea of a vehicle designed for fuel efficiency, so it gets used often.

Old 04-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by ewing111
Ohhhh the problems of having 500+ hp and 1000+ tq... hahaha... trade ya.
no way haha

only gasoline truck I still drive is my 87 S10

Old 04-19-2013, 01:38 PM
cuda19791
Rookie

Originally Posted by ewing111
That's what the FAQ section is for... and the search function. FAQ's don't need further discussion (generally), just search for your answer. If you have a different spin then certainly post a thread, but its not necessary to have 2 faq sections.

Also, how do you think respect is earned in an online forum? Through having a consistent record of insightful comments for peoples problems and giving opinions on folks mods. So who do you think the rest of the members are going to side with, the guy whos has been doing that and therefore earned our respect, or the new guy who is being kind of a sensitive somethin-er-ether. Also, people really are generally pretty forgiving for new people asking the same questions, that keeps the forum going honestly, just try to understand our perspective a little bit more and don't get so offended so easily.
If this site does not need a place for new members to go and have discussions on all the FAQs ok thats cool like I said just a thought. About the respect thing he may have earned yours but he has not earned mine. If you want to side with him thats cool its your choice. I did not ask for anybody to take sides. I just thought I would post on something alot of people would know about so that I could get some info and break the ice. As for being sensitive did not think I was.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:43 PM
cuda19791
Rookie

Originally Posted by broggyr
Tone is extremely difficult to determine in text because we have no vocal or facial cues. The Prius comment is only a smart-*** comment if you let it be; it's just an humorous comparison that gets the point across. Priuses (Prii?) are just a quick way of projecting the idea of a vehicle designed for fuel efficiency, so it gets used often.
I can see your point but it sure did sound that way to me.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:48 PM
Old man with a Hemi2
Veteran

If this site does not need a place for new members to go and have discussions on all the FAQs ok thats cool like I said just a thought. About the respect thing he may have earned yours but he has not earned mine. If you want to side with him thats cool its your choice. I did not ask for anybody to take sides. I just thought I would post on something alot of people would know about so that I could get some info and break the ice. As for being sensitive did not think I was.

I'm beginning to think that you're not worth anyone's time on here. Your the new guy, you have to earn the respect not him. He has already earned the forums respect, and we will back him up. You coming on here and telling a member to stick anything anywhere is completely out of order, especially over something a insignificant as a prius comment. Either toughen up, and learn how to take a little criticism, and kidding, or go to the Toyota Forum. You seem to think you are the person who should receive some sort of special treatment on here, and it's not going to happen. And if you want to get into a being the biggest ***** contest, I guarantee with our group of guys, you will lose