3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Interesting Article Truck Comparisons-Dodge-Niss-Chev-Toy-Ford.

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 01:01 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Interesting Article Truck Comparisons-Dodge-Niss-Chev-Toy-Ford.

impossible to do!!! even with all the "extras" built in you cannot build an 07 ram1500 LARAMIE like so! i got the Laramie. it has EVERYTHING except the Mega Cab... my truck was worth 40k... maybe it was 47k with the 1000yr/1000000 mi. warranty if anything...

Old 04-05-2007, 03:01 AM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker

I think all of you guys are making valid points, but yall have to see things the way the reviewers see it; first impressions, manufactures' claims against simple testing results, what's offered for the price tested. If you took away the pictures, vehicle make and just looked at the numbers, then present that info to a group of people they would probably ratethe truckssimilar to what you see on the site.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:23 AM
canram
Rookie

That must be the Canadian price. Heck, mine is Canadian and is cheaper than 47k .. and I have every option except leather and sunroof.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:47 AM
sneaky
Veteran

Who cares what some so-called experts say about our chosen vehicle brand. We all know which brand we trust more than most. To me it seems like Dodge comes out with some kick *** new vehicles (new or redesigned) about every10-15 years or so. So let the little people (Toyota, Ford, Chevy) have their moment on top for now. I say within the next 2-3 years Dodge will bring something out that will blow away every platform there is...

EDIT: Lets make that about every 15-20 years.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:09 AM
canram
Rookie

Amen sneaky! The Ram was the best choice for me personally. Read 5 reviews and you're likely to get 5 different oppinion on what a truck is and what it should do. Bottom line is that it's your truck so make sure you're buying it because you like it.

Sure, there are a couple of things I wish I could change. Things like more rear leg room, better mileage, standard spray-in bedliner and an audio unit that would remember and keep the volume setting for auxiliary input.

But there are a lot more things that I like and use everyday. Things that are not as good or missing from other trucks in the market. Things like ride height, variable speed wiper blades, steel load floor and underseat storage, full time AWD, shift on the fly 4wd, 6.5' shortbox, standard cargo light, 1500lb payload and 8500lb trailer towing wih the Hemi, standard auxiliary input on the stereo ... the list goes on. And I haven't even mentioned the easy and enjoyable buying experience I got from my local dealer.

For me and the way I use my truck, the Ram 1500 was the only choice. No matter what some expert says.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:40 AM
sneaky
Veteran

ORIGINAL: canram

Amen sneaky! The Ram was the best choice for me personally. Read 5 reviews and you're likely to get 5 different oppinion on what a truck is and what it should do. Bottom line is that it's your truck so make sure you're buying it because you like it.

Sure, there are a couple of things I wish I could change. Things like more rear leg room, better mileage, standard spray-in bedliner and an audio unit that would remember and keep the volume setting for auxiliary input.

But there are a lot more things that I like and use everyday. Things that are not as good or missing from other trucks in the market. Things like ride height, variable speed wiper blades, steel load floor and underseat storage, full time AWD, shift on the fly 4wd, 6.5' shortbox, standard cargo light, 1500lb payload and 8500lb trailer towing wih the Hemi, standard auxiliary input on the stereo ... the list goes on. And I haven't even mentioned the easy and enjoyable buying experience I got from my local dealer.

For me and the way I use my truck, the Ram 1500 was the only choice. No matter what some expert says.
LOL...the salesman at the dealer was thesame one that sold my sister her car (Sebring) my mom and dad their truck (Ram QC 1500) and he was on his days off when Icalled the dealer to let him know I was coming in. We (dad and sister-in-law went with me)were just barely out of the car when the salesmen starting walking up to my dad and myself. Asked if we needed any help, we told him, "Nope, we're looking for Steve". I sold my old car to my sister-in-law right there at the dealer for $3,000. Steve kept looking around for any rebates. He found one for $3,500 off on the 1500, he put it to the down payment. $31,000 truck and I financed only $23,3??...we also know the Finance Manager at that dealer. x1000000000000

Old 04-05-2007, 07:42 AM
motorider228
Champion

I have been done reading reviews and ratings for a while now. If I want to know something about a vehicle I go lurk on that forum and read about the real every day vehicle with the real every day driver and not some pro driver on a closed course.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:49 AM
sneaky
Veteran

ORIGINAL: motorider228

I have been done reading reviews and ratings for a while now. If I want to know something about a vehicle I go lurk on that forum and read about the real every day vehicle with the real every day driver and not some pro driver on a closed course.
haha...thats what I did before I got my truck. I lurked on here for alittle bit. Then I joined to ask a few questions.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:06 AM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I came across this article in USA Today Newspaper interesting reading.

[size=3]Automakers face off over pickup buyers
[/size]

MARCH AUTO SALES

Auto sales in March, and percentage change from March '06:

Company Sales Change

GM - 345,418 -4.0%
Ford - 263,411 -9.0%
Toyota 242,675 11.7%
Chrysler - 228,077 -4.1%
Honda - 143,392 11.3%
Nissan - 111,119 7.8%

By Chris Woodyard, USA TODAY
A brewing truck war is resulting in some big discounts for pickup buyers as automakers work hard to keep their sales numbers afloat.

Japan's Big Three — Toyota (TM), Honda (HMC) and Nissan (NSANY)— reported healthy sales gains in March, while Detroit's Big Three — General Motors (GM), Ford Motor (F) and DaimlerChrysler (DCX)— reported declines. Domestic makers all pointed to planned declines in sales of low-profit fleet vehicles as the major reason.

FOREIGN SALES: GM reports strong quarter in China

But the real fight, both last month and now, is for pickup buyers. GM, Ford and Chrysler Group are trying to fend off a challenge in the full-size segment from Toyota's redesigned Tundra, which was launched this year with a lavish advertising campaign.

By numbers alone, Toyota appears to be succeeding. Tundra sales rose 11.8% in March, compared with declines of 8.6% for Chevrolet Silverado, 15.1% for Ford F-Series and 1.1% for Dodge Ram, Autodata reports.I don't know how true this is, but in todays USA newspaper, they stated that the Pickup truck market was heating up. Pitting the Dodge/Chevy/Ford against Toyota Tundra/Nissan. Supposedly, according to this article, Toyota Tundra sales have taken off, due to the new redesign/modifications done to the truck.
I'll see if i can find the link.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:41 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, what would happen if we all lived buy the penmenship of consumer reports, Car and Driver and Motor Trend. Every truck on the road would be a Titan, This is not so out thier in the real world.

I don't care that dodge was rated last, The Ram is the oldest truck in the group and newly designed, or all new atracks the car crowd who know nothing abought trucks and compare them to cars.

Fords don't hold up as work trucks, The chevy dosent have rear disk brakes, The Tundra and the Titan have put in more h/p into the a truck frame.

Give me back the black vynil seat and manuual stearing of a 70's truck any day, My Dodge is a work truck, a better work truck that any Ford, Titan, Tundra, or Gm can not come close to..

Quick Reply: Interesting Article Truck Comparisons-Dodge-Niss-Chev-Toy-Ford.