3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Interesting Article Truck Comparisons-Dodge-Niss-Chev-Toy-Ford.

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 10:31 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interesting Article Truck Comparisons-Dodge-Niss-Chev-Toy-Ford.

I came across this interesting article, and was somewhat surprised with the outcome. Especially when I own a dodge.
The vehicles were ranked 1 through 5. With 1 being the best, and you know the rest.
The article is approximately 5 pages long. Each page gives a description of the truck being discussed.
I wonder if the dodge engineers look/read this forum. I didn't like the fact that Dodge came in last. This study was done by Popular Mechanics a independent magazine.
After reading the article, and reviewing the comparisons, some feedback on what was written would be good.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...s/4212506.html

Old 04-03-2007, 10:50 PM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Came across this interesting article.

I'm not surprised either. Leave it to the Japanese to take an existing American product, improve it and then sell it to us.Nothing new here. They've been doing that for years. However, when asked the question of who riased the bar to begin with Dodge would be your answer. Now it's just a matter of time until we see Dodge come out with something to rival the Tundra.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:25 PM
djr04
All Star

I've heard of a lot of problems with the new nissans mechanically. Funny the article didn't mention anything about that.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:44 PM
hemiman123456
Veteran

yeah they only do those tests for a few days or so....lets see the nissian win with a full year test...
look at this also...they didnt test the megacab and that would quiet em up about the rear seat room.....
i think now that all the other brands have caught up to dodge, dodge is now once again going to set the bar with the newly redesigned rams in 09 and putting a deisel in the 1500 is gonna do good for them......plus you know the hemi is gonna have the most power in its class once again.....

Old 04-04-2007, 02:33 AM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

What did you think about the articles on Toyota, and Chevy? Never mind Ford, they weren't rated very good, but i can't see how they were placed ahead of Dodge???? I'm Really puzzled by that one.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:41 AM
Ben D.
Champion

some of those reports are really not htought out. I read one about a jeep wrangler and the complaints they had about it were things that someone who buys a jeep woudln't care about. ie wind noise, rough ride, less comfortable interior, no pwer windows. I don't take much stock in them, neither should you. Take it like a grain of salt.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:55 AM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

Things like Wind noise (Decibel level) rough ride,comfortable interior, and power windows might not be something a 19 year old like yourself is concerned with. But when you get in your forties, those are some of things I check into, prior to purchasing a vehicle that I plan to keep for a number of years......

Old 04-04-2007, 03:07 AM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker

I think in the end they make their final judgement on "bang for your buck." The Toy and Chevyare a few thousand less than the Dodge and I guess they figure you're getting a better deal despite what Dodge has to offer.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:50 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Gosh,
a pickup with a 3.357 rear axle ratio
that is both
fast and gets better MPG
than its competitors.

Haven't them stupid Nissan engineers
read enough internet posts by
'experts'
to realize how foolish they are?

Old 04-04-2007, 02:31 PM
M14
Rookie
Default RE: Interesting Article Truck Comparisons-Dodge-Niss-Chev-Toy-Ford.

I am suprised at the outcome. The Nissan Titan for instance has a terrible rating in most other reports, such as Consumers, and this dates backsince it was a new model in 04. I know, as I was REALLY looking at this as my next truck, but the poor ratings and numerous reported problems scared me off. Also, it was reported within the last few months that the Titan is their worst selling unit, so they will not be improving upon it - doesn't figure how it could be #1.As for GM, Ihear no one is buying them, so they are really suffering - anyone see the info-mercials on their newest truck? I am sure most of these reports are somewhat biased for various reasons.

Thereport that the Dodge is dated makes some sense - as it is a REAL truck, which is the reason I bought it. Most vehicle reviews on trucks nowdays are very negative if the veicle doesn't feel like a Honda Civic.

Quick Reply: Interesting Article Truck Comparisons-Dodge-Niss-Chev-Toy-Ford.