3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

BIG TRUCKS AND LITTLE LADIES

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 02:11 PM
tailgatedrinkin
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG TRUCKS AND LITTLE LADIES

Just wondering what you guys think about this. I was at the local truck accessories store yesterday, and this tiny little middle aged woman came in with her loaded pocket book wanting to spend some money on her new truck (2007 dodge ram QC 3500 4x4 dullie with the 8ft bed) very very nice!!!! anyway i overheard her and the guy that ran the shop talking about her new truck. The only reason she got this truck is because she liked the way it looked!! does this bother anyone else besides me????

Old 04-15-2007, 02:14 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker
Default RE: BIG TRUCKS AND LITTLE LADIES

sounds sexy, but awesome like one dumb chick. "tee hee i thought it was cute" i cant stand that crap. a truck is for work lady, unless your gonna be loadin it with 2x4s, block, shingles, put that "cut" truck back on the lot. haha.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:42 PM
ThaChad
Professional

Trucks are for work?, yet more and more trucks have Big wheel's, and low profile tires. Pavement princesses!

Let go out and buy a 2500 HD 4x4, and put low profile tires and big wheels, and never drive it off road! Yeah, that's a good idea!

Or, Lets slam the truck down and make it a low rider, that's even better!

As for the little chicks getting big trucks, this has been going on for years. I think it's mostly a safety thing. They feel safer in a big truck or SUV, especially with children than they do in a little car.

-TheChad

Old 04-15-2007, 02:55 PM
da92gs87
Professional

ORIGINAL: ThaChad

Trucks are for work?, yet more and more trucks have Big wheel's, and low profile tires. Pavement princesses!

Let go out and buy a 2500 HD 4x4, and put low profile tires and big wheels, and never drive it off road! Yeah, that's a good idea!

As for the little chicks getting big trucks, this has been going on for years. I think it's mostly a safety thing. They feel safer in a big truck or SUV, especially with children than they do in a little car.

-TheChad
would you raise a 2wd s-10 or ranger?
would you raise any 2wd for that matter?
IMO, raising a 2wd truck is about as useless as the 2500 HD 4x4 with dubs

Old 04-15-2007, 03:05 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: ThaChad

-TheChad
trucks are for work. whats a truck bed for? if u dont use it for work, buy an suv. i cant stand people who buy trucks just so they can go around saying "o yea i have a truck" (something my father taught me when i was young). trucks are fo hunting and blue collar work

Old 04-15-2007, 03:30 PM
sspp
Professional

ShortWoman + Big Truck = Size Envy

(or maybe there is a rainbow sticker on it)

Old 04-15-2007, 03:33 PM
ThaChad
Professional

ORIGINAL: mdram43

trucks are for work. whats a truck bed for? if u dont use it for work, buy an suv. i cant stand people who buy trucks just so they can go around saying "o yea i have a truck" (something my father taught me when i was young). trucks are fo hunting and blue collar work
What are truck bed's for? Makin out at the drive in of course! (.. Wait a minute, do drive in's even exsist anymore?)

That's why people like me have a MEGA CAB, It has the Cab space of an SUV (3rd row seating is useless unless you have little kids, or no legs), but the truck bed for loading up, and a bed cap to stop people from stealing all your stuff!

-ThaChad

Old 04-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker

Whos give a ****! There is thisHOT Blonde who hasa red Ram 4x4 out here. I could care less if the bed never saw anything but groceries.Seeing her drive that thing make me feel funny in the pants . But to your remarks that a truck is for work. If thats the case then why does it come with leather, A/C, power this and that, map lights,vanity mirrors? Come on guys the truck of today isNOT that of our fathers. You now vinyl bench seats, rubber floor mat, no power stearing or brakes. Not tomention that when your foot slipped of the clutch it came back so fast and hard it left welts on your shin. Your thoughts cango for a Charger as well. Think about it what was the Charger originally designed for,racing right? Well how come you don't rip on those who don't have theirs out on a speedway? Well I'll waitfor the bashing to begin, but before you ask. No I don't have scratches in my bed, I have gouges.

Old 04-15-2007, 03:52 PM
stump_breaker
Captain

And?
What's the problem? Part of the trucks appeal is it's aesthetics. Do you think since she does not appreciate what the truck can do she should have bought a minivan? Honda? Mazda?Kia?
Maybe you don't know the whole story and her and possibly her husband own a ranch and tow a large horse/cow trailer. Judging her based on a small part of a conversation you overheard is really childish and not any of your business....
Leave her alone.
If she had been in a H2, would this conversation be about a little lady in an H2 and how useless that vehicle is for her? What if she was in a Z06 'vette or a Ferrari? Are these the most pratical vehicles for a "little lady"? You guys brag about how awesome these trucks are yet you see someone ina Dodgeyou do not think they should ownand trash them for having it. Double standard?
If everyone bought a vehiclebased onpractical reasonswe would all be in Kia Rio'sunless you actually needed it for business or work purposes. Maybe the government should pass a law that you have to prove why you need the vehicle you're buying but then that would be a whole other post now wouldn't it. Then what would you be driving?

Old 04-15-2007, 03:53 PM
tailgatedrinkin
Professional

i completely understand that the truck of today is not used for what its intended for, but what im complaining about and i guess a little jealous too. is these rich ladies that drive a heavy duty rig to the mall and back to get there nails done. and then you see guys with a little ford ranger about to die trying to pull their work trailer from job site to job site!!!!

Quick Reply: BIG TRUCKS AND LITTLE LADIES