3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: A poll
Keep the 1500
40.91%
Trade it in for 2500
45.45%
Wait and see if I can locate another deal
13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Trade in 1500 hemi for 2500 ctd?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 10:01 PM
BigNelly07
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trade in 1500 hemi for 2500 ctd?

I have a HEMI, and wish I had gotten a diesel. If you want power, reliability, insane towing ability, and impressive fuel economy that gets BETTER the more horsepower you add, then get a diesel. But, if you just want a truck, and dont care about any of the above, get a gas engine. I wish I had gotten a diesel, believe me, but the extra 7k just wasnt going to happen. But if I do decide to either get rid of this truck, or buy another one, it will be a diesel.

Diesel technology is on the rise, as pretty soon, cars and suv's will have diesel engines. I am reading the latest issue of DieselPower right now, and on page 32 it specifically states that consumers are spending $1 million A MONTH on diesel parts, of which power programmers are $208,081 of that every single month!! People wouldnt be spending that kind of money if they didnt know how capable a diesel engine is!

Also, on page 70 there is a 1000hp Dodge Ram, try doing that with a gas engine that you can drive everyday....

-Mike
(diesel fan, but not owner)

Old 05-03-2007, 10:08 PM
Ben D.
Champion

ORIGINAL: Idahoser

ORIGINAL: jimmydaleo
...can afford it, just don't like stretching my dollar so thin...
I'm a total n00b here so you have no reason to pay any attention to what I think, but that statement makes me wonder if you know what "afford" means.

You want to strive to have no loans, and I mean not even a mortgage. Now it's not realistic to believe in this day and age a person starting out is gonna manage that, but the longer you drive a "crappy" car the nicer the truck you can PAY CASH for in ten years...
and when you get older and have absolutely no credit and something bad happens where you need cash right away ur gnna be f'ed. The day I turned 18 i applied for a credit card. Even my parents wanted me to. I charge about 100 bux a month in gas on it and that's it. Building a credit rating for the future when I buy a house and a truck and other things. Also plan to keep a few credit cards open because let's say my truck breaks down when it's out of warranty and it's gnna cost me more money then i have cash a.t.m then I just charge it and pay it at the end of the month. Credit and loans are good things if your not a moron that doesn't know how to manage it properly.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:56 PM
BigNelly07
Professional

i suck at managing money! completely terrible. I can blow any amount of money on just one thing, its a very bad problem I have. :-)

Old 05-05-2007, 10:02 AM
Otis30
Rookie

I had a hemi... traded it for the CTD. Haven't looked back yet, love my truck!

Old 05-05-2007, 01:56 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had some wheel time behind a CTD, Awsome truck, if your going to use it for what it was built for, mega towing at sane speeds.

Thier are far to many lossers driving thease trucks as extentsions of what God failed to give them betwean thier legs, they are not sport cars, and in the hands of the average vilage fool will kill you.

The same is true for the hemi owner, not every one races arround with foolish abandon and booth the hemi and cumins are excellant products that fit the bill for the educated owner who uses thease trucks as designed.

Yes I want a CTD, when I need one.

Quick Reply: Trade in 1500 hemi for 2500 ctd?