3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

03 rear rotor question

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 01:45 AM
uponone
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 rear rotor question

I'm looking to put new rotors and pads on the rear (1500 4x4 2003 20in rims). Doing this cheap is a big plus, so I figured I would look on eBay for some rotors...all I see is front rotors and front and rear rotor packages. No rear rotors only. Am I missing something...is there even a differance between the fronts and rear rotors????

Thanks

Old 05-26-2007, 02:17 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: 03 rear rotor question

There may not be a rotor package for the rear. You may have to pay two rotor's and pads.

Old 05-28-2007, 02:35 AM
eds2003ram
Professional

yes there is a differance . The front are simple hubs that slide into the studds with nothing on the center housing. The rears have less rotor area than the front by about an inch or so and have the parking break set-up in the middle hub like the old schoolrear drum break set up. You can't see it installed , but they are there . Just follow the parking break wire you'll see what I mean.

Old 06-17-2007, 01:27 PM
uponone
Rookie

ORIGINAL: eds2003ram

yes there is a differance . The front are simple hubs that slide into the studds with nothing on the center housing. The rears have less rotor area than the front by about an inch or so and have the parking break set-up in the middle hub like the old schoolrear drum break set up. You can't see it installed , but they are there . Just follow the parking break wire you'll see what I mean.
Thanks so much. Turns out auto zone had everything in stock. New pads front and rear and replaced rear rotors. All is well. Thanks!

Quick Reply: 03 rear rotor question