3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 12:34 AM
NJMandCEM
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!

How does the 40 Series do with an 07 Hemi with the MDS? I am going to change the exhaust at some point....But I don't wanna py for somtin that'll make my truck sound a like a farting machine gun.. So maybe Knows?.... If so.. share your knowledge?

Old 06-08-2007, 10:41 AM
theHemiBeast
Professional

ORIGINAL: NJMandCEM

How does the 40 Series do with an 07 Hemi with the MDS? I am going to change the exhaust at some point....But I don't wanna py for somtin that'll make my truck sound a like a farting machine gun.. So maybe Knows?.... If so.. share your knowledge?
40 series sound like crap on the 06s and 07s with MDS, especially if you take out both resonators. I am planing on changing my exhaust too, but I tink I wll put in the Flowmaser 50 HD and keep the front resonator on. I am hoping this tones down the crappy interior "hollow-like" resonance I hear when MDS kicks in.

Whatever you end up doing, I would think twice before putting the 40 series on. If you do put these on, at least keep one resonator on. Just my opinion...

Old 06-08-2007, 01:04 PM
rammindodge03
Rookie

I am thinking about either this week or next week putting in a muffler. I am debating weither to put the 40 series or the 50 series. Any suggestions on which one i should get. I want a good rumble but not hear a drone in the cab.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:12 PM
tbird2340

Strictly as far as MPG is concerend..

What would be the best setup to increaset MPG.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:10 PM
neveuxpr
Amateur

I'm going to recommend my Borla ProXS. I know many people aren't fans of Borla here but it sounds great on my 2007 4.7 and it's completely stainless. I had a shop weld in the new muffler with a 2' piece of 3" stainless pipe to match the remainder of the stock 3" exhaust. It sounds great at startup, good on the throttle, very easy to listen to at highway speeds and almost no in-cab resonance. I did leave both resonators on.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:58 AM
NJMandCEM
Professional

So.... Seems quite a few different opinons here.... So now i don't know what to to....

Old 06-09-2007, 01:07 AM
hemidel
Professional

I guess this forum is talking about exhaust. Well, I'll put my intel in. My rig is the '04 Dodge Ram QC 1500 4x4 w/ the HEMI!!! Hemi..oh yah... Any ways, As soon as I bought it brand new in 2004, I went to a local muffler shop and slapped the Flowmaster 40 series on there with dual piping exiting out the back with 3" tail pipes. Let me tell you, It sounded bad *** when i bought, that was stock, but once those 40series got put on, dam, my rig was roaring down the road. Well, theres my intell.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:34 PM
silver06

corsa sport

Old 06-09-2007, 05:55 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: hemidel

I guess this forum is talking about exhaust. Well, I'll put my intel in. My rig is the '04 Dodge Ram QC 1500 4x4 w/ the HEMI!!! Hemi..oh yah... Any ways, As soon as I bought it brand new in 2004, I went to a local muffler shop and slapped the Flowmaster 40 series on there with dual piping exiting out the back with 3" tail pipes. Let me tell you, It sounded bad *** when i bought, that was stock, but once those 40series got put on, dam, my rig was roaring down the road. Well, theres my intell.
What?!

Old 06-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Duso02
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sir Hardin Thicke

ORIGINAL: hemidel

What?!

That's funny!!![8D]

Quick Reply: Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!