3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 01:16 PM
bigmac18
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!

Hey all...Its been a while since on this site.

I Just installed a Flowmaster Super 44 on my '06 Hemi. I HIGHLY reccommend this setup! It sounds great. A very deep aggressive rumble, and it roars when you open it up! I left the front resonator on. It helps reduce in-cab drone, and takes away the problems with the MDS kicking in. I can't even tell when it is in 8 or 4 cylinders. I have mine dumped just before the rear axle. I will try to get some soundclips soon and post them.

I think anyone who hears this setup in person will be extremely happy with it!

Old 08-22-2007, 11:29 PM
BanksPwrHemi

I have any 07 Ram Hemi QC with the Banks system and it mounts up just fine. My '07 didn't have but the rear resonator and the Banks system eliminated it. There is no front resonator, only the two cats in the exhaust manifolds. System sounds bad ***! The owner of a local muffler shop did my install in about 30 minutes. He has an 05 Hemi and stated this is the best he has heard. He has been installing Dynomax and Flowmaster systems on Hemi's until now.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:21 AM
Cordoba man
Professional

I love the sound of glasspacks. I've been looking at the 'Heartthrob' exhaust. The cat-back splits in two and the glasspacks are just in the tips (3.5" I think). I was wondering if anyone has audio of glasspacks on the hemi. I heard them on a new tundra and it sounded great, just thought a Hemi would sound better

Old 08-24-2007, 01:30 PM
megacab19

I have an 07 Mega Cab with the HEMI / MDS of course I am looking to get the exhaust done but don't want to screw up the engine or have to worry about the stupid MDS kicking in and the sound to be crap. My little bro had a bad experience with his 07 QC HEMI. I was actually thinking about the 50 series and leaving the front res on and removing the rear one. Is this a good idea? I have read all the other posts and have found some good info but it seems that everyone has there own opion. I am looking for someone that has done an exhaust with the MDS so that I can get a better assessment for my own truck. Thanks for the input.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:26 AM
snailpower

First post on the site -

I just bought an 06 Mega cab ram and mine does not have MDS. I was under the impression that Mega Cabs did not get the MDS system because of the weight. Maybe the 07 trucks are different. I would like to hear more info on the Banks system. My Father-In-Law just put the Banks Monster system on his 06 Mega Cab cummins, and I really liked the way it sounds. A hemi is a whole other animal though when it comes to exhaust sound.

"A key and timely addition to the standard 2006 Ram powertrain is the MDS (multi-displacement system) on the Hemi V-8 engine. MDS cuts the fuel feed to half the cylinders when they�re not needed, offering about a 20 per cent fuel savings.
Unfortunately (for this first model year at least) the MDS-equipped Hemi will not be offered in any Mega Cab model, apparently because the Mega Cab is built exclusively on the HD frame. Hopefully, the problem will be resolved for the �07 model year, though that may depend on the take rate of the diesel-powered Mega Cab."

Old 08-25-2007, 03:12 PM
BanksPwrHemi

Check out the Banks Monster exhaust for the Hemi. Installed mine about 1 week ago and the sound is awesome. Doesn't drone while crusing on the interstate either. If you call Gale Banks engineering, they can give you the run down and provide a test report with the gains. I bought my directly from Banks, but it can be had cheaper from places like Performanceproducts.com that includes free shipping. I paid about $612 but it can be had for around $540.00. The Banks system eliminates the resonator at the rear. My 07 QC only had the rear resonator. I have read in some other blogs that the 06 MDS Hemi had two, one before the muffler and one after.My just had the two cats in the exhaust manifold (one on each), then the muffler and then the rear resonator.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:23 PM
megacab19

ORIGINAL: snailpower

First post on the site -

I just bought an 06 Mega cab ram and mine does not have MDS. I was under the impression that Mega Cabs did not get the MDS system because of the weight. Maybe the 07 trucks are different. I would like to hear more info on the Banks system. My Father-In-Law just put the Banks Monster system on his 06 Mega Cab cummins, and I really liked the way it sounds. A hemi is a whole other animal though when it comes to exhaust sound.

"A key and timely addition to the standard 2006 Ram powertrain is the MDS (multi-displacement system) on the Hemi V-8 engine. MDS cuts the fuel feed to half the cylinders when they�re not needed, offering about a 20 per cent fuel savings.
Unfortunately (for this first model year at least) the MDS-equipped Hemi will not be offered in any Mega Cab model, apparently because the Mega Cab is built exclusively on the HD frame. Hopefully, the problem will be resolved for the �07 model year, though that may depend on the take rate of the diesel-powered Mega Cab."
I am sorry I think that I just got bad information and atomatically assumed that the information was right. I just got confermation for myself. Thi makes me happy though so that I don't have to worry about which exhaust to get. I love it!

Thank ya'll for all the information that has given in this forum.
Steve

Old 08-27-2007, 02:55 PM
ajhsgt

I just got my 2007 Ram and was wondering if I can remove the muffler. The plan was to leave both resonators in. I'm not really familiar with the Hemi's yet. Is this going to open it up too much?

Old 09-04-2007, 12:52 PM
snailpower

New exhaust question - has anyone run the Mopar Performance cat back exhaust? It's made by Borla. I think the Daytonas and Rumble Bees came with this setup from the factory, but I'm not sure about it. I have a chance to buy the setup in the stainless version for a good price and was wondering if anyone knows how it sounds...

Old 09-04-2007, 08:28 PM
rammer_360

Spintech, thats what im about to get for mine.

Quick Reply: Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!