3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:28 PM
red06RAM
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!

My stock exhaust was 3 inch in 3 inch out. When I switched to dual I went 3 inch in into dual 2.5.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:18 AM
HEMI07
Veteran

i know that magnaflow uses their 5x8x18 oval 3 inch in / 3 inch out muffler and they sound really good.

Old 03-28-2008, 01:18 PM
fish n chicks
Rookie

borla forever.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:45 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

has anyone put a magnaflow 14" muffler on the hemi? I have an 18" on my dak and its pretty loud. I just wanted to see what the 14" sounds like on a hemi. they do make an 11" too. but that might be too loud.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:53 AM
Stunnerguy
Rookie

Wut would sound better. Want to either put Flowmaster 40's or super 44 on my truck.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:28 PM
megacab19

Ok I know that I am going to get a ton of different opinions on this one but here goes. I am going to get a catback on my 07 Mega Cab 5.7L. I have the choice between Gibson and MagnaFlow.I want a nice tone without the interior drone. I am just wondering from those that have either of these installed and how you like them. Thanks for the help in advance.
Steve

Old 05-05-2008, 04:39 PM
345hemiram

OK, I am new to the forum. I have a 2003 Hemi Ram SC/SB 1500. I want to know what you guys think about my exhaust idea before i commit to it. I am thinking of doing long tubes to high flow cats with a 2.5" x-pipe and dual aero turbine 3030's, dumped before the rear axle. I have thought about it and I dont see any reason why I shouldn't, but i thought maybe someone more knowledgeable than myself could tell me if there would be an issue with the system i.e. not enough back pressure, better option, etc.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:14 PM
345hemiram

I am considering this as a more affordable option as opposed to purchasing the dynatech longtubes with cats and y-pipe for $1500 and a Gibson supertruck exhaust for about $450. When you do all the math for the system I described above, it comes out to a little over $1200 for the entire system. Let me know...

Old 05-10-2008, 08:29 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

ok so I had to have the rear resonator removed since it was kinda rubbing on the hellwig sway bar I just installed, $40 later and I was pleasantly suprised and the sound difference without it. It no muffler change but it does provide a bit more of a lopey sound and when you floor it, it no longer sounds like a sewing machine as someone before me put it. But I must make a comment here about something that most of you dont really get into... the exhaust tip itslef. A tip alone can totally change the way an exhaust sounds. A small round tip that isnt any bigger than the pipe itself will do little to the sound, but as everyone knows a 2 foot long 4 inch megaphone tip will vibrate the walls in your neighbors house down the street. So it makes sence that some of the systems that some of you are installing are being affected by the type and size of the tips you put on. I have hte factory chrome add-on tip and before the rear res was cutoff I had it basically just barely covering the ugly bare meetal part of the exhaust. But because the guy at the exhaust shop was all too careful for his $40 he just cut me an extension when bypassing the res and rewelded it all together and so the tip needed to be relocated farther out along the pipe so it would be about even with the edge of the bed like it was before. Well that action alone made a significant difference in the loudness of the exhaust note. Now that I moved the tip out and had the res cut off, I no longer see the need for me to change over to a louder muffler just because I want the sound and seeing that most mufflers change your performance little there seems to be no need for it for that either.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:30 AM
fireaxe19946

I removed both resinators on my 06 dodge ram 5.7 with MDS and replaced it with a Super 40 series flowmaster. it sounds awsome. My wife didnt think she would like it but even loves the sound. she said it makes it sound like it has ***** now! now i am looking to put headers on eventually any suggestions as to what brand? found some pacesetter ceramic coated for $355.00. think i should get them?

Quick Reply: Which Exhaust? Get others opinions here!!