3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

what should i do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007 | 05:12 AM
mcaso3
Default what should i do?

Ive been looking to buy a truck and i like the hemi sport. I recently found an 03 sport, wit the 4.7 not the hemi. I was wondering if it was really with it to get the hemi. can anyone give me the specs on the truck's power, comparing the 4.7 and the 5.7?

Old 06-23-2007 | 12:42 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Default RE: what should i do?

honestly i wouldnt even consider it. Once you get that 4.7 you'll love it for a few weeks. Then you'll probably just end up wishing you got the hemi. ESPECIALLY since you started out looking for the hemi. The hemi sport package is a very good looking truck too.

Old 06-23-2007 | 12:57 PM
go49ers
Professional

My girlfriend has the 4.7 and I have the HEMI. She gets worse gas mileage than I do and wishes she had more power

Old 06-23-2007 | 01:57 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

If it Says Hemi, Hemi, Hemi on the Label, Label, Label, you will like it, like it, like in yer Trucky, Trucky, Trucky

Just my 2 cents (old Libbies commercial)

Old 06-23-2007 | 03:39 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC

honestly i wouldnt even consider it. Once you get that 4.7 you'll love it for a few weeks. Then you'll probably just end up wishing you got the hemi. ESPECIALLY since you started out looking for the hemi. The hemi sport package is a very good looking truck too.
What they said, I mean he said. Whatever, I'm dizzy.

Old 06-23-2007 | 04:46 PM
mcaso3

Thats what I figured you guys would say. sir hardin...you have the 4.7. does it have enough power? Do you wish you had a hemi?

Old 06-23-2007 | 06:54 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

of course he wishes he had the hemi. Hes envious of us that do!!!

Old 06-23-2007 | 07:51 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: HansonHVAC

of course he wishes he had the hemi. Hes envious of us that do!!!
I'm sorry, were you speaking? Between Pirata's thong and your ***** I can't concentrate.

The 4.7 has enough power for me. But I do wish I could have gotten the HEMI for several reasons. 1-there are lots more mods available for the HEMI than the 4.7L. 2-most everyone here has a HEMI, and when you want to bounce questions off of them, there are more than enough people to give you an answer. Try getting a answer to a 4.7L question and all you get is strange looks from everyone. That's right, I'm on to you *******. I may not be able to see you, but I sure as hell know you giving me a look like, "WTF did you buy that motor for?" Bastards, the lot of you. At least I don't have MDS issues. [sm=icon_stickpoke.gif] 3-come trade-in or re-sale time, you'll get more money for the HEMI.

I got the 4.7L because it was an even swap for the car I traded. I wasn't about to take on a car payment if I didn't have to.

Old 06-23-2007 | 08:01 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

Sir HT that was great and funny!

However I don't have any MDS issues.
Pappy likies MDS

Whats this about Pirata wearin a Thong? Oh I'm gonna have nightmares about that.