3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tired of waiting

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 03:04 AM
mellofone
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tired of waiting

To keep the story short, I ordered a new Ram 1500 SLT on May 16. I am still waiting. After repeated calls to the local dealer, I never got callbacks and generally got the run around. The excuses varied from "its in a government inspection at the plant" to "I have no idea where it is, it is on a truck carrier somewhere."

It's 2007. I'm sure Dodge has the technology to track the damned thing. I know a BS excuse when I hear one (or 20 excuses). I finally told the dealer exactly what they could do to with the truck when it did arrive and headed to another dealer.

Nothing but first class service. I told them the entire story and they were absolutely dumbfounded. After a bit of inventory searching and a few hours later, I drove home my new patriot blue thunder road 1500. I couldn't be happier. I, however, have some questions.

Extended warranty. Did anyone purchase it? Is it something you would recommend?

It did not come with the tubular side steps. Would you recommend the Mopar, or is there a cheaper brand with as good of quality? How about the same question with a hard cover (fiberglass) tonneau cover and some basic mudflaps. I noticed that (obviously) the Mopar stuff is really high priced compared to some other online parts places.

Last, would someone recommend posting the dealer's name that has given me TERRIBLE service? I don't want to break any forum rules but I just can't see how anyone would shop there. Seriously, it was that bad. Picture is hopefully posted. I took it with my crappy cellphone, so better pictures should follow.

Old 07-01-2007, 03:30 AM
CMA
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tired of waiting

Cool truck. I just got an inferno red just like it. You can find the OEM bars on ebay for $375 shipped.

Old 07-02-2007, 06:19 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion

nice truck you have there! I'd definately tell everyone you can about the dealer and its name. Let them know who to stay away from. As for side steps, try westin or bully they both make a great product.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:23 PM
stoploss
Amateur

I usually don't go to this level, however when dealing with products and services that are substantial amounts of money, I am a firm believer of the Better Business Bureau. Send them a complaint and they will contact the dealer for a resolution or at least a reason. If nothing else it should make you feel better.

www.bbb.org

Old 07-02-2007, 10:53 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

I would tell everyone to avoid the dealer, I would walk into the dealer on a busy weekend and hand out cards to the customers of theplace you got your truck and let them know the service is better and deals are as well.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Pirata
Champion
Location: 2nd star to the right, then straight on until morning
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the business card thing but just remember, if the staff at the dealership tells you to leave, leave. You have no grounds to be there and youwould lose if they called the cops.

Old 07-03-2007, 04:57 AM
JRH_PowerWagon_06
Veteran

This was a request to the Dealer, not a Factory Order?

A Factory Order usually takes a few months to get. Afirst production runcan beseveral months before they make a vehicle to your custom specs. A down payment is usually needed to place one, I believe.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:32 AM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To order a truck from the factory, it is $500 down and balance when you pick it up. Turn around time for me was only five weeks from order to delivery. Red

Quick Reply: Tired of waiting