3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HID Conversion Kit HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 08:21 AM
HemiAtWork
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HID Conversion Kit HELP!!

Basic Ohm's Law 3ohm resistor with 12v running through it = 48watts. The resistor is wired in parallel with circuit so it never sees the load. If you were to wire the resistor in series it would then have the load running through it.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:47 AM
eltupac
All Star

Thanks guys, but its too much. I can do pretty much any other electronice stuff in my truck (alarm, power windows, power locks, exhaust) but this ****e is proving to be just like my Assembly Language class. Add 3 resistors in parallel, it will look like crap. I think the LED just sucks and its not bright enough. I think I will get the 2 LED bulb or 5 led bulb 194 style. This concave LED single bulb just isnt worth all the wiring ****e.

FOUND THIS TOO:
25 Ohm, 25 Watt Load Resistor kits which can be used with LED side marker lights (194/168 type) to prevent bulb-out indicators from turning on.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:26 PM
eltupac
All Star

Here is my answer and like I said, I need more than just one bulb:

Brightness of LED Car Bulbs
LED bulbs are generally not as bright as standard incandescent bulbs, they have many advantages over filament bulbs (longer life, faster on/off times, lower power consumption, more vivid colors) but brightness is not one of them.
They are generally not as bright but some of them with large numbers of LEDs, will appear brighter than filament bulbs.
As an exception, our new 3 Watt Luxeon LED car bulbs are as bright or brighter than most standard filament car bulbs.

The light is distributed differently so they can appear brighter in some applications and not as bright in others, it depends on the size and shape of the bulb housing and reflector.
Most LED bulbs emit light like a flashlight, all out the end. Regular filament bulbs emit light from the end and all sides, so they will be better suited for some lighting applications than LED bulbs.
This is the same reason why we do not rate LED car bulbs in lumens or watts, the numbers would be deceptively low because the light is measured from all sides and the end on standard filament bulbs but only from the end on LED bulbs

Quick Reply: HID Conversion Kit HELP!!