3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Can someone find ONE honest dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 09:53 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Can someone find ONE honest dealership?

Was at my dealers monday for my last FREE oil change (yup, my baby's 3 years old) and a guy had his truck in there with a bad rear end. The service manager was explaining to the guy that he had pieces of his limited slip actually break off and cause damage to the gears

The dreaded "C-Clip" issue, and with my own ears, I heard the service mgr. tell the poor dude, how he's never seen this before, and he must be continuously ******* it and even though he's still under 7/70 warranty, he wasn't sure it would be covered because of the obvious signs of "misuse".
This truck was an '03, 41k miles and didn't have a scratch on it. You can tell a dogged truck just looking at it and this truck coulda had a quick detail and fit right in beside the new ones on the lot.

I couldn't keep my mouth shut and proceeded to tell both the customer and service manager how there are countless posts online, not to mention the two guys I know locally who've had the problem.
That service manager would not give in.... he was insistant that there was no design issue in stock LSD, and in his 8 years as service manager, he's only seen 3 or 4 issues of ANY rear end problems.
The customer thanked me, but the service mgr. was not overly thrilled.

Made a mental note... next truck (a CTD hopefully) not coming from there. But is anybody else any better?

Old 08-01-2007, 10:11 AM
HerpHandler
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Can someone find ONE honest dealership?

I dont think there is such a thing as an Honest dealer. They are after all trying to make money on each sale or service.

When I traded in my 98 for my 06. The owner of the dealership (5 star rated no less) told me that Dodge trucks NEVER EVER had transmission troubles, and that check valve in the cooling line that failed on mine was because I was reving the motor in park.

The first thing he does when I hand him the keys to my trade is shift the tranny from park to drive then to reverse to drive and so on all the while listening for clunking or other noises.

He was around the corner so didnt think I saw him doing this. I asked him WTF he was doing to a truck that is not his as of yet, and he had the stones to say that he was sure the mechanic that replaced my tranny put it in wrong, and it would lower the amount of my trade in.

I told him to get his A$$ out of my truck and took my business elsewhere.

The next place I went to started to say the same "There was never problems with the Dodge trannys" But I cut him off and told him if he finished that sentance he will loose a sale. I have owned 5 rams before this one so I was no dummy.

That changed his attitude slightly and we worked out a decent deal.

I dont think Honest and dealership should ever be used in the same sentence. If they dont try to get you in the sale then they try in the trade in, if they dont get you there they will try it in the financing.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:01 PM
OldMoparMan
Veteran

Rentschler Chrysler/Dodge/Chevrolet, in Slatington, PA. I've bought 5 vehicles from them, and in dealing with the same salesman every time, (Bob Weatherhold) I can honestly say i'd never take my business elsewhere.

The Dodge Service Manager, Mike, is as honest as the day is long. I know more about most vehicles then half the mechanics, let alone pencil pushing Service Writers or Managers, but Mike is one of a dying breed that's worked his way up from a mechanic, all the way to Service Manager, and ACTUALLY knows about the cars he's working on.

I agree that most dealers are bull****-artists. Their Service teams are kids and "Educated individuals" that are trained to bull**** the public at all costs to make a sale. Having that customer return doesn't seem to even matter to them, because they live/sell short term and don;t care about future sales or service.

Sorry to hear you guys have had bad experiences. Dishonest people tend to ruin it for everyone in the business.........

Old 08-01-2007, 12:56 PM
morganmkelly
Professional

I know a good KIA dealership up here in Maryland....

Old 08-01-2007, 02:23 PM
Sir Hardin Thicke
Record Breaker

Reedman-Toll Corp in Langhorne, PA. They've been around since the 50's with the largest one-site dealership in the US. I've bought every car I've ever owned from them and so have my parents and grandparents. I'll be sending my little ones over there once they are old enough to buy a car.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:26 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

ORIGINAL: HerpHandler

I dont think Honest and dealership should ever be used in the same sentence.
"I was being honest when i said the dealership was screwing me!!!"

Old 08-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]
Anyway, My family has been doing business at the same dodge dealership for about 10yrs now(Dave HamptonDodge Gouverneur, NY)The only problem is this dealer shipo was recently sold to another local dealer(Blevin's Ogdensburg, NY). Since thier transitionwe have purchased 4 vehicles from them. I am glad to say that they kept most of their origional staff and still show the customer appreciation they always have. Hope continue for years to come.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:18 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

Actually, the dealer where we bought our truck at is an amazing dealer. I have mentioned this before. They are helpful. They are there for the customer. It's "HINE Dodge" in San Diego, CA. If anybody is looking at buying a Pontiac, Mazda, or a Dodge, this is the dealer to go to! I love their customer service. It is second to none!

Old 08-01-2007, 05:26 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Independence Chrysler Dodge Jeep in Independence Iowa.....it's been around for awhile and it's a small town dealership...the owners are activly working at the dealership everyday, and everyone there treats ya like your a good personal friend of theirs....my family has been doing business there since the 70's and have never gotten as good as service from anywhere else as we have from there

Old 08-01-2007, 05:42 PM
mdram43
Record Breaker

had a new crate engine installed that had a 1 year warranty. engine blew the 2nd or 3rd day i had it. piston melted, whole 9 yards. when they brought my car in to take the engine out, they disassembled the entire engine and left it in pieces all over the shop, and the tranny etc was out. this was a local well known dealership. they then said it was my fault, and gave me a bill for everything. i then had to take everything to an engine building shop and pay for the engine to be rebuilt. theres no such thing as an honest anything anymore. anywhere and everywhere, every person is trying to do the very least and make the very most. thats why it pisses me off knowing that in my field i give it the extra and dont charge the extra. the world lacks people who will actually do their job and stick to their word.

Quick Reply: Can someone find ONE honest dealership?