3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06/07 owners screwed by Dodge?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 07:20 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 06/07 owners screwed by Dodge?

Something with the throttle silinoid fighting with another silinoid that was causing first gear to stutter a little bit. They havnt even completlyfixed it yet, but since the problem arose before warrenty was out, they will still fix it. I dont have any regrets about my truck though. I took my truck down to corpus christi today which is 250 miles one way. And I drove 80 the entire way and got 20.3mpg.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:29 PM
CMA
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: motorider228

I was happy with the warranty until I started to have to use it. If I knew my truck would give me this many issues I would have never bought it.
I am in the same boat with only 2500 miles. Otherwise would be a great truck IF IF IF dealers would fix the transmission. I guess it has to fall out and strand me on the side of the road.

I can probably only get 18K fo the truck now which means I have already lost 5K in only 7 weeks of ownership. Something is NOT right. Ive been in to multiple dealers and they downright lie about the problem.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:30 PM
CMA
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgot to add -- Lifetime warranty is worthless if dealers refuse to fix issues. With work and life its just not worth the aggravation to own a dodge.

Old 08-07-2007, 07:31 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: CMA

I was happy with the warranty until I started to have to use it. If I knew my truck would give me this many issues I would have never bought it.
I am in the same boat with only 2500 miles. Otherwise would be a great truck IF IF IF dealers would fix the transmission. I guess it has to fall out and strand me on the side of the road.

I can probably only get 18K fo the truck now which means I have already lost 5K in only 7 weeks of ownership. Something is NOT right. Ive been in to multiple dealers and they downright lie about the problem.
Go to a different dealer. It's not hard.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:49 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: eltupac

It dont matter. If you cant prove that you maintained your car, the warranty is just words on paper.
Actually, federal law says the burden of proof is theirs. They have to prove that I didn't; I don't have to prove that I did. If I break it, I'll fix it without complaint. If it's a defective part, they'll be footing the bill.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:59 AM
abarmby
Champion

ORIGINAL: OldMoparMan

It's only partially the dealers....

As of late, there have been numerous reports on TV and media, regarding DC and their sloppy handling of warranty work. They want to sell the entire entity, and giving away free parts and labor isn't an interest to them.

Dealers are under giudlines for warranty repairs, as they're scrutinized by the bean counters that work in the upper offices.

You can only get away with a small percentage of the "give aways" that you used to 5-10 years ago........

Most dealers will look for anything to say you voided your warranty. I'm lucky enough to have a decent dealer to have to deal with.

When I swapped out my fan clutch, my dealership actually LENT ME THE TOOLS to hold the WP pully and remove the clutch shaft.

When have you EVER seen a dealer lend out tools?
The cynic in me thinks, that when Chrysler teamed up with Mercedes, ideas about service and warranty's filtered through to Chrysler who thought it migh be a good move to save money.
Mercedes here in England, have THE WORST DEALERSHIPS and SERVICE reputations bar none!
My friend recently went to buy a Mercedes CASH and the local dealer, looked him up and down and ignored him. He could only assume it was because he was dressed in jeans and a T.
He popped down to the nearby BMW dealer and it was a completely different story. Neadless to say, he bought a BMW.
Mercedes service and dealerships are terrible and often get bad press about it.
Al.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:13 AM
eltupac
All Star

That's why when I entered a Ford dealer in my 3 piece suit everyone ignored me.

Old 08-08-2007, 08:40 AM
FL Cracker
Rookie

ORIGINAL: John M
Actually, federal law says the burden of proof is theirs. They have to prove that I didn't; I don't have to prove that I did.
That's absolutely right. If they ever refused to fix a warranteed defect on my truck because I couldn't produce "proof" that I had properly mantained it, they would have my attorney knocking at their door real quick.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:11 AM
bksram3500
Record Breaker

what kind of issues have you had?

Old 08-09-2007, 01:42 AM
motorider228
Champion

-steering vibration turning slowly
-tranny went at 6,000
-torque converter drains while I drive
-AC inlet housing just went and I got my truck back today

That's about it but I have had the truck in for the vibration many times and I keep getting the run around. All in all I guess I am pleased with the ride but being 19 and spending all MY money on a brand new truck that has issues kind of bothers me. I guess I could sell it and get everything for it as I did buy the truck straight up, no loan, but I would get much less for it then it is worth to me. It is a damn nice ride for a 19 year old though.

Quick Reply: 06/07 owners screwed by Dodge?