3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Melo-tone exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 06:23 PM
whiskeyboy13
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Melo-tone exhaust

I have an 05 Hemi Ram and it currently has the flowmaster on it. well I have only had it for abour a year and the entire backside of the flowmaster has rusted out. I head alot of this happening but yet still bought one because I wanted 'flowmaster' I am having it re-done and I am thinking about putting the melo-tone on it with turndowns. What do you all thing? Will it sound good???

Old 09-06-2007, 07:36 PM
I8YRVETTE
Default RE: Melo-tone exhaust

I have turn downs on mine with 2 chamber flowmasters and it's pretty loud but looks good.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:40 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats why i will never buy a blowmaster...just throwing your money away......it's your truck man, do what ya want but i think it would sound good

Old 09-06-2007, 10:04 PM
bobbylight
Professional

ive got flowmaster 40 series delta flow with two turndowns after the muffler and it sounds pretty bad *** but to keep it from rusting, i just spray cilicone spray on it every time i clean my truck to keep it from rusting

Old 09-06-2007, 10:10 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

ORIGINAL: bobbylight

to keep it from rusting, i just spray cilicone spray on it every time i clean my truck to keep it from rusting
why would you want to go through the work of having to get on the ground just to spray your muffler so it doesnt rust? i mean it seems kinda redundant to me.....i'd rather spend the extra money to buy a SS muffler and not have to worry about it.....maybe i'm just old fashioned but i dunno lol

Old 09-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Hellbilly1
Veteran

thats why i like my at3030 went through an iowa winter and no problems still shiney

Old 09-07-2007, 12:18 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

and thats exactly why i bought one...i use to live in cedar falls, IA and now live in michigan...not that i'll be driving this truck during the winter but it's still the fact that you have to get down there and spray it every time you wash your truck!!! thats insane

Old 09-07-2007, 11:38 AM
chefred112
All Star

...out here I don't worry about rust on my blowmaster....i just know that I'd Blow by you on the street..

Old 09-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Pappy_FB
Record Breaker

About the rust issue, honestly some folks really just have nothing positive to say...

Anyway, when I noticed my rear end starting to rust I treated it and painted it. While I was under the truck I noticed other rusty places one being my flow master and the hangers. I got some High Temp paint treated em, sprayed it and haven't had any rust since.

As for the Melo-Tone exhaust I've never heard them personally, but it is your truck and you should do what makes you happy. If you like em get em.

Old 09-07-2007, 01:38 PM
chefred112
All Star

...so true...everyone has a certain tone (an/or performance) they're after. my first exhaust was a magnaflow which just didnt do it for me...my current flow 50 is everything iv wanted thus far.. and as long as i'm goin fast, I'll contribute part of the performance to my exhaust setup...

Quick Reply: Melo-tone exhaust