3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

throttle body spacer

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 10:02 PM
morepower29
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle body spacer

My truck is in the shop right now. 07 QC Laramie 4x4 Hemi. I just ordered a k&n intake system and a helix power tower throttle body spacer. I am wondering if anyone has used, or heard of anyone who has, a throttle body spacer. I'm not looking for massive HP increases. I purchased it for MPG gains. It's not in the shop to have this stuff installed. It was stollen and messed up a bit.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:13 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: throttle body spacer

Intake good, TB Spacer bad. Noone here has noticed any gains or improvements using one. If I remember, one member actually called it a paperweight...LOL!!!

Old 09-22-2007, 10:26 PM
prerunner
Captain

TB spacer is useless!!!!! May be a good skipper across the lake tho Try to return it!!!!!

Old 09-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker

The only use for them I have found is they make a great place to plumb NOS

Old 09-22-2007, 11:01 PM
OldMoparMan
Veteran

Back in the day, spacing your carb away from the intake, (car, truck or bike) gave you extra torque, in the lower rpm ranges. (with appropriate jetting).

A throttle body spacer on a truck like the Ram is about as worthless as **** on a Nun, simply due to computer functions, and most Nuns aren't felt up by anyone cause they don't look like 12 year old boys.

Take it back if it's not too late, or beef it up and sell it to someone you don't care for, tellin them it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:20 PM
hemivec
Professional

they ain't useless they make a good place on your work bench to stop screws and stuff falling of the bench

Old 09-22-2007, 11:33 PM
superdak05
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

acctually mine works very well as a door stopper.but other than that. they are good for plumbing in a nos system

Old 09-23-2007, 12:08 AM
HuntinHanson
Champion

wow thats the most expensive paper weight you'll ever buy!

Old 09-23-2007, 12:14 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

yeah, i actually use the one i got with my intake as a door stoper and sometimes i'll throw it when i'm pissed off....it's nice cause it hasn't broke yet lol

Old 09-23-2007, 12:28 AM
Rabones22
Rookie

Dang. lots of people down talking the throttle body spacer. I actually got an Airaid Throttle Body spacer cheap off of some website I forget. But It was on sale, and I heard good things about it so I got it.

I think it definitely made a "slight" but noticeable change. It made my intake come alive. What I mean by that is I didn't get to hear the intake at all when I dropped it in my 5.7L Hemi. All the CAI did was just make my Engine sound freaking beasty and I never really got to hear an "air" being sucked in. But with the throttle body spacer, I definitely seemed to hear the "swoop" of air coming in. As for MPG gains, probably gives like a .2 - .5 mpg gain. Thats what I seemed to have noticed.

I don't know man, I thought it was well worth it. I seemed to get just a little - slight - noticeable torque gain from it. That's my opinion from getting it.

Quick Reply: throttle body spacer