3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

For those of you who want to disable MDS

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 08:43 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those of you who want to disable MDS

I know ive seen people on here say they don't want their mds and heres a kit to remove it.... just lookin out for you guys i do not have mds so i dont know how good this kit is or whatever.... i dont even know if it works just something to look into

http://tinyurl.com/2jyn7a

Old 09-25-2007, 09:02 AM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain
Default RE: For those of you who want to disable MDS

Do you think it's an easy install? Never installed anything like that...

Old 09-25-2007, 09:05 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

honestly i dont know too much about it i have an 03 2500 no mds whatsoever... the picture looks simple but maybe you can contact the seller....

Old 09-25-2007, 10:35 AM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

Well... i looked at it agian.... Not gonna do it... didi'nt see the part where it said "used".... Not gonna chance it wiht my 07 ram..... screw that...

Old 09-25-2007, 10:56 AM
firebrink

Not a good idea to put any used engine parts in anonther engine, at least ones that function creates wear (Such as the lifters shown). In theory it would disable MDS and run like a normal V8, but does anyone know the effects this would have on an engine that is intended to have MDS, or at least the programming. Its not worth the risk and the only thing to gain would be worsegas mileage and getting rid of the odd little drone sound that occurs when MDS kicks in on an aftermarket exhaust (which isstill not that noticable). No performance increase at all. To my knowledge there is no upgrades to the valve train with the exeption of MDS, not even in the aftermarket area. You have to ask yourself "Why did this guy take these lifters out of his engine to start with?" Also, look into this guys othersales. He has a used comp cams cam for sale for $350, which to my knowledge is more than a new one. I suspect this guy tried to hot rod his hemi and ended up having to sale usedparts from itto pay for replacing it whenit blew. Just a thought.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:21 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

firebrink interesting theory could be true... just food for thought it is possible to disable MDS

Old 09-25-2007, 01:01 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

KRC Performance has been selling & installing kits to remove MDS for some time. They use them where people want aggressive cams (the MDS setup limits RPM's to about 5500 and needs cams designed for it).
Non-MDS Conversion kit for the MDS vehicles to run higher RPM and cam lift over .500" Includes non MDS lifters, MDS core plugs, head gaskets and custom flash to remove the MDS code in the engine controller. 6000-7000 rpm capability.
$259
Give Marty a call... He'll hook you up. And tell him Da' Hamma' sent ya'...

Old 09-25-2007, 01:40 PM
firebrink

Now, if I were going to do it, that is what I would do. That seems like something you could probably trust. There are no instuctions or custom flash to set your hemi up for no MDS with that ebay sale.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:42 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

yea the krc one sounds like a good set up!! i never heard of these kits til i saw this today but yea the krc one sounds good!

Old 09-25-2007, 01:47 PM
lewpuckett
Professional

[sm=dontgetit.gif] I am sure that if this kit were good from ebay other reputable places would have it for sale. There are several places that have programmers,exhaust,etc. and it is hard to believe that this guy has the option to fix mds. Also I am sure if you tried it and it messed up the mds engine the warranty would be null and void. Just too many signs point this to being a [sm=badidea.gif]..

Quick Reply: For those of you who want to disable MDS