3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Car Seat Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 10:15 PM
minnesotamopar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Car Seat Question

I have a QC and with the two seats I have it's a little tight for the middle adult for a long trip, but fine for half an hour or so.
My kid's car seats are rather wide though.

Keep this in mind though: It's better to shop around for a narrower new car seat than to compromise too far on a vehicle that you'll never learn to like.

--Matt

Old 10-18-2007, 12:40 PM
RedHemi05
Rookie

ORIGINAL: tdmopar59

ORIGINAL: SLCHemi

I've had a car seat (tied to the teather system) and a booster seat for a 2 year old in back along with a teen-ager who didn't complain (trust me, she'd complain if she felt a moments discomfort)....The megacab would afford more room, but is a friggin' beast of a truck...Maybe try this, get a megacab w/a longbed (is there such a thing?)....If it won't fit in there it ain't fittin' in any light duty truck or SUV [sm=drooldude.gif]
they do have megacab longbeds however it is a custom thing that a shop makes

Wow that thing looks silly with those little wheels on it.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:17 PM
DCSHAWNFD

MEGACAB........ that is why I got mine. Car seats do not fit very well with a seat that is set directly up like in the back of a QC. My mega seats recline so that the car seats fit perfectly. Plus the room difference is astronomical. I have one in a booster, one in a forward facing, and one in a rear facing. With them across the back seat, my wife and I up front, we still have room for things in the truck, not to mention all of the bedroom. Remember Dodge's short bed is longer than Fords. So you really aren't losing bed size (I heard someone talking about the long bed). My truck does it all, runs to the grocery store, pulls the race car, even hauls dirt. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. We got rid of a Durango with a third seat to get it.

Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Car Seat Question