3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Car Seat Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Brymac76
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Seat Question

Hey folks,

Lookn into gettn a Quad cab Ram... The Wife wants me to get a SUV with 3rd row...but im trying to convince her that a Quad Cab would be fine.
So i have a question for those of you with familes. Can you put 2 car seats in the back seatand still have an adult sit in the back seat (semi comfortably), all at the same time.
Any/all comments are welcome.
Thanks in advance...
Bry

Old 10-05-2007, 01:38 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: Car Seat Question

sure some1 could be fairly combfortable get a megacab if you have to!

Old 10-05-2007, 01:40 PM
rpark102

It would be a little too tight in the QC. Mega Cab would be much more practical for your situation

Old 10-05-2007, 01:43 PM
morganmkelly
Professional

I have one car seat in my QC and I driven around with 2 people in the back seat as well. I would think it's doable fora smaller sized individual.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:33 PM
SLCHemi
Professional

I've had a car seat (tied to the teather system) and a booster seat for a 2 year old in back along with a teen-ager who didn't complain (trust me, she'd complain if she felt a moments discomfort)....The megacab would afford more room, but is a friggin' beast of a truck...Maybe try this, get a megacab w/a longbed (is there such a thing?)....If it won't fit in there it ain't fittin' in any light duty truck or SUV [sm=drooldude.gif]

Old 10-05-2007, 02:36 PM
rpark102

I'm almost positive there is no long bed option for the mega cab. If there was, I'd get it. I'm a big fan of the long bed look. I had a hell of a time findin' mine a few years ago.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Methos
Veteran

I've had a forward facing carseat and an infant seat in mine. As far as an extra adult, my niece said it wasn't bad, but shes not much over 5' tall. I don't think I would have fit very well at 6'3" and almost 300lbs with both seats in there.... but then I don't fit too well in the back seat without the carseats either

Old 10-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Hemiriden
Professional

I don't have any kids, but most of my friends do, and I go camping with my friends alot. Being the ONLY truck owner of themI get dubed the driver. Between them they have 2 carseat kids. LuckilyI have a bench front seat. We fit all 6 of us in there fairly comfortabily. The middle seat in the back is not that bad (given the kids are not throwing fits or toys). Just AVIOD the carseat with the extra crap on the side. My one friend had a seat that had cup holders on BOTH sides... it took up a lot of room.... 3" on each side is alot. Other then that if the carseat are basic carseat without the frills then you can comfortabily fit an "Average" male in the middle (average being 160-190lbs, 5'6"-5'11"). Like the other's have said a Mega would aford more room... it is a Limo compared to the QC. I have seen aftermarket long beds available. Just get the Mega without a bed... it CAN be done...just have to get one new and probabily needs to be a 2500 or 3500.

That is my .02 worth. Hope it helps

-R

Old 10-05-2007, 04:49 PM
hemivec
Professional

got two booster seats in the back of mine for the twins and our 18yr old fits in the middle with no problem guess it depends on the size of the person sitting in the middle or you
can always do whati did and got the wife a durango withthe 3rd row seat gives you an excuse for another hemi in the family too but either way works its just a case of whats good for you and your situation

Old 10-05-2007, 05:35 PM
JD1500
Record Breaker

I have a 3 yr old, that is still in a seat. It's a little tight IMO, She is a little close to the passenger seat. You could get one more adult in there, but definalty not 2 seats and someone. if i had that many poeople to go in i might get a mega cab, it would be worth be bad looks really i am considering a mega cab for my next.

Quick Reply: Car Seat Question